Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The amazing AI of enemy bots...

Basic Member

The amazing AI of enemy bots...

The AI of the enemy BOTS is in lack of better word...brilliant! In very easy and after i am 0/5/5 and the all the enemy BOTS get together to make killing me their crusade, after i died the first time (ganked by 5 bots that teleport from everywhere in the map), i get one foot off my base there they are 5 bots that just ignore everything, even the towers, creeps or my heroe bots that, unlucky me, aren't as usefull has their cousins. And it's in very easy... The only way to avoid this "brilliant" AI is to jungle, Junglers just farm, farm and farm aren't arassed and can, after enough fed just kill 5 enemy bots on a row with no problem at all. I would enjoy if i had the possibility to play any heroe not only junglers to have a decent time training with bots... For a new player that want to experiment a little with heroes and get an idea of the game the current state of the dificulty level is just a turn off. I believe its less dificult to win a game versus other players than with your mega perfect ganking combo stunning team. That's my feedback i enjoy the game overall, and it's my actual favourite moba, but the completelly umbalanced performance of the enemy bots on the diferent difficulty levels is a problem that can be a big turn off for new players.

Keep up with the good work and please forgive the mistakes, english is not my native language!

I kind of agree. I'm not new to mobas, but the bot difficulty in this game is asinine. Passive bots are way too easy and "Easier" bots are too hard if not annoying... I fail to see any medium between the 2. I'm new to Dota and Dota 2, so this drastic difference in the difficulties make learning the huge learning curve in this game very annoying. I can jungle fine and feed my self that way. But leaning how to lane is very troublesome and fun. I keep trying almost every night for the last 2 weeks, but the game seems to become perpetually woeful. I wish to keep trying at this game. But if nothing is done about these bots or their difficulty, with shame I will have to end up quitting and move on.

Valve Developer
    Playing solo with Easy bots on your team and Easy bots on the enemy team isn't necessarily going to make for a significantly easier time for you, because the overall teams are still pretty even. I'd recommend using coop vs bots for now, you'll probably get a better experience.

If I do Co-op then I'm stuck with the 30 min bug that kicks me off the game... or have players rage quit or just afk then leave. More the latter which is lame. Either way ChrisC this does not bode well for a learning experience. And I do not just play solo bots. I do what lack of a custom match system the game has to offer with my brother and a friend or two which is either 2-4 human players.. And we all feel the same way.. The difficulty difference is crazy...A happy medium as to be found we believe for a less woeful gaming experience. We enjoy the potential Dota 2 has to offer and all the many great different features. But some tutorial mode or the preferred tangible if you will difficulty changes.

Banned
    After yet another frustrating game for me, I just have to rant and I'm sorry I chose this thread. But be thankful you don't have to deal with the infuriatingly stupid AI of bots on your team. It really is 'Unfair', when the enemy does well and your team just stumbles over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by articulate View Post
    After yet another frustrating game for me, I just have to rant and I'm sorry I chose this thread. But be thankful you don't have to deal with the infuriatingly stupid AI of bots on your team. It really is 'Unfair', when the enemy does well and your team just stumbles over themselves.
    Exactly! Enemy AI is crazy coordinated with its self. Meanwhile the ones that are on your team are running around like headless chickens.
    Last edited by Deathcrow666; 04-24-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Basic Member
    What you explained is how OBVIOUS ganks are in bot games. Your eyes should be on the minimap every other second or so, just a quick glance to see which heroes are where. In a real game, you will have to decide who can kill you at what point in time and when you see them MIA on your minimap you play more cautiously. You do this for 2-3 heroes on average.

In a bots game, they often go MIA as 5, as you described. When you see that on your minimap, hide.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSoada View Post
    What you explained is how OBVIOUS ganks are in bot games. Your eyes should be on the minimap every other second or so, just a quick glance to see which heroes are where. In a real game, you will have to decide who can kill you at what point in time and when you see them MIA on your minimap you play more cautiously. You do this for 2-3 heroes on average.

In a bots game, they often go MIA as 5, as you described. When you see that on your minimap, hide.
    But for new players to this game and new players to this type of game might lack such map awareness. It's hard to develop said skill if you are still trying to learn the game with the current bot difficulty when you are to focused on not getting stunned or dying.

I for one was having issues learning the mini map let alone the map it self on top of the hero I am playing (let alone the other hero's) My lane, last hitting, denying (which is new to me), camera control (wish you can toggle camera lock), Tower mechanics etc.

Still trying to play the game and won't give up so easily. But like I said the current set up does not make it easy to play and get used to.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoada View Post

Perhaps if they implemented your bots reporting missing bots, that would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by articulate View Post
    Perhaps if they implemented your bots reporting missing bots, that would help too.
    That would be new. Never seen a game do that.