Thread: Necrolyte's Death Pulse

Basic Member

Necrolyte's Death Pulse

Did not see this anywhere, fairly minor:

Summary:
    If you use necrolyte's nuke (Death Pulse), and the unit runs away, if level up Death Pulse the flying skull increases the damage it will do.

Repro:
    1) Get close to Enemy hero
    2) Use Death Pulse
    3) Have Enemy Unit run away (just to buy time, slardar sprint works great)
    4) Level up Death Pulse
    5) Have enemy unit take damage (if slardar, wait for sprint to go away)

Result:
    Enemy hero takes the damage from the current level of Death Pulse, not the level at which it was cast

Expected:
    Enemy hero takes damage of the level of death pulse at the time it was cast, not the current level.

Added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Nearly every skill in Dota2 currently updates its numbers when the skill is leveled up while the skill still takes effect.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Nearly every skill in Dota2 currently updates its numbers when the skill is leveled up while the skill still takes effect.
    Hm, I wonder if it is meant to be that way or not, I am at work so I can't to see how it work in dota1, pretty sure it would deal damage based on the level of the ability at which it was cast. In the grand scheme of things it is fairly minor since it would effect no more then one or two casts in a game, even though this issue was brought to my attention when a Slardar sprinted from a level 3 death pulse and died from it because it got skilled up and hit him at 200 hp (sprint had ended).

^In DotA1, only a few skills update accordingly to their level, Flesh Heap being the only one which is 100% intended.
    Mostly, those spells are spells which have a duration and run via softcoded triggers which permanently check the skill level.
    Please, just call me buny.