Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Feedback

Basic Member
    the items really look like hon now! i think they looked even better before since they had an own style. i don't think you are on the right way there. the old dota 1 icons even looked better imo.

the minimap/hero hud stone theme looks really nice if it is still in a beta phase. let's see if i get used to it after a couple games. i am not sure but i think the heroes picture should either have a better frame around it or it should be a little bit bigger. i also think that dmg/armor/ms are just beta icons cuz they look really trashy.

Basic Member
    I don't get the new look for Reaver. Not only is it completely different from the old icon, it's also completely different from the one shown in the reveal trailer and comic.

I like the new Vladmir's Offering, but at the same time I felt like the green mask was iconic.

Basic Member
    Most of doters don't like any changes, and I like the dota 2 now with all icons and HUD.

First of all Lion is completely awful...

My opinion about BAD icons:
    Boots of elvenskin, mithril hammer, soul ring and hearderss have bad angle (hard to understant that ring is RING), Mekansm like a laser turrell, Deadelus have to be GOLD and look terrifyingly, Dominator (просто пиздец), Maelstrom, Desolator, Satanic, Reaver and Mask of madness...

When i see dota 2 first time i was so happy that it differs so much from LoL and Hon.... but after this update dota 2 look like lol+hon, with dark hud and this icons...

Best idea will be give us a choice... change or not..

Basic Member
    1) The background I want it to be universally, I said it for the heroes portraits, Im saying it for the items. It should be the same for every item
    2) the contrast is poor for some icons
    3) design wize there are ugly icons (necro, dagon, mithril, aegis, vladimir, branches, ultimate orb, talisman of evasion, soul ring, daedalus, veil, wraith, basilus
    4) makes no sense : elven boots , urn of shadows, mjolnir, armlet, aghanim, rapier, scythe

enough negative, positive:

tp , hud, bkb, headdress, hood, meka, bot, halebard, mael, eul

suggestions : bigger difference between chain mail and plate mail
    less shiny icons, look too .. fake, needs more ruggedness. I really don't like where the design is heading with this, bright colors, shinny. but that's subjective, maybe I'm alone here.

Hmm it will really hard to please everyone on this item and hud thing.(almost impossible) Well for me, i generally liked the items, old deadalus' color combination was really fine for me(yellow/grey) and mjolnir looks really plain at the moment.It's a legendary weapon, maybe guys you can work on it a little bir more.
    For the hud thing, all i can say is, it's big. Make an option to adjust it when you have the time. Good luck.^^

Basic Member
    I only liked the new BKB and Eye of Skadi icons.
    Most of the rest were just about as good as the previous ones.
    But Mjolnir really looks... well, bad.

edit: halberd is really nice too

Basic Member
    I think the Item Icons are terrible

it doesnt fit the artstyle and too distracting

I also dont like the design on most of the new items but I like the new Lifesteal Masks

Basic Member
    make mjollnir bigger. looks very unsatisfying compared to the old mjollnir icon.

also, in my opinion red needs to be a lot more prevalent in the satanic icon. all the lifesteal icons had some element of red and it was easy to associate lifesteal with that, even the new ones have red in some of them, but in satanic it's very hard to distinguish. it looks like an entirely new item.

the white outline on bloodstone is really ugly. i think ramping up the white glow in the center of the bloodstone is cool, but the outline on the rest of it makes it look ugly.

Basic Member
    Valdimir's Offering is TOO much alike with morbid mask. Especially with the red background. These are two items that are often picked up together and might be easy to confuse for new players.

Basic Member
    I really like the new icons (Yasha and Sange, HoTD, Heaven's halberd). But some of theme are really difficult to look at such as reaver, gem, satanic (wtf is that a worm?).