Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Feedback

I like everything now except the Skadi icon, either completely rework it or at least change the background, white is terrible.

System Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (at 3301 MHz)
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    HDD: Samsung 1TB SATA 7200RPM
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (DDR3 1600Mhz)
    Resolution: 1280x1024 (19" CRT, Dell M991)
    Connection: Comhem FiberKoax 50/10mb

Basic Member
    Mjöllnir is too bright.
    Satanic I have no idea what's supposed to look like.
    boots of elvenskin looks more like wrist guards than boots.
    Gem of true sight doesn't look much like a gem anymore, maybe something halfway between what it was and what it is now?
    Ogre Club is still an axe.(as written in a thread)
    I think aghanims scepter is slightly overdone as well.
    Apart from those, really good job, awesome icons imo.

Basic Member
    Why can't we get the option to use the old icons in the settings somewhere ? Makes no sense, not everyone wants their item icons to look like masterpiece paintings. Simple icons are better for my game play, easy on the eyes too. With the option at least those of us who do not like the new "try hard" icons can use the plain old simple ones.

EDIT: Why don't you worry about changing snipers paint made icons, before you revamp all the item icons to a plastic, 3D'ish effect that hurts my eyes. If you want to force a change on me could it at least be kept in the 2D simple format.
    Last edited by nicoman; 05-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0n View Post
    Change the Satanic picture. It looks so weird? I thought it was an octopus tentacle or something.
    Absolutely. I agree! I had a hard time considering it an axe or something else to classify in my list: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=33702

Basic Member
    Guys!! The icons is only a matter of time to get used to them.However, satanic icon is very weird and so demon edge is.Mithril hammer needs a remake i think

Banned
    I do hate the new Magic wand.

The old one was one of the few items I certainly loved, besides it looked quite nice, it was one of the few items with some logic, since it's an upgrade from the magic stick and as such, it looked like it. Now it looks weird, not as an upgrade, and to be honest not like a magic wand at all either.

I would also improve the treads, and add them some kind of gem on the side, so as to when you change the tread to agility, strenght... only the gem changed it's colour. It's quite weird to see the whole boot colour change, isn't it?
    Last edited by saaanx; 05-08-2012 at 08:18 AM.

From another thread, please reconsider a recolor of the greenish Mjollnir, it was blueish in latest version and it was awesome:

Basic Member
    Skadi icon, either completely rework it or at least change the background

Have to agree again on Magic Wand; activated items should command some presence in your inventory, and Magic Wand just looks so dull now. Same goes with Mekansm; the brighter tones of the original stood out when in its aura, the muted tones of the new icon are hard to notice, especially in team battles.

Some of the icons look too flat, like a picture. For example Sasha and Yasha - it looks like a skill from Lineage II and it highly differs from other "volume" icons.