Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Feedback

Don't you think that Quaterstaff and MKB look too similar?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeppMan217 View Post
    So so but to tell you the truth the MKB doesn't rly look that good or 'special'.

Drums of Endurance > very simple
    Boots of Elvenskin > is not a boot...
    Energy Booster, Point Booster, Vitality Booster, Soul Booster > very simple and poor detail
    Magic Wand > looks like a screwdriver
    Mask of Madness > weird
    Divine Rapier > the form of old version is better, just change the color to not look like the Radiance
    Sange, Yasha > the cable does not seem to be aligned with the blade, giving the impression that the sword is bent in V
    About Sange, Yasha and SeY i have a ideia: could have their spiral-shaped blades, so as when they intertwine together forming a single sword (sorry my english)
    There are many other items that are very simple and need to be improved, but these above are the main.

Items that deserve praise:
    Void Stone
    Refresher Orb
    Mjollnir
    Manta Style
    Heavenís Halberd
    Ethereal Blade
    Eaglesong
    Desolator

I hope I have helped.
    very best

Basic Member
    I like that a few of the points I mentioned in my previous post have been considered (at least I'd like to think they were :P ) when remaking a few items. I also understand that a few other needs time to be reworked so I'll give my feedback to the current few changes.

1. I like the addition of white in Eye of Skadi, through simply a white background is not the solution.
      Inflitrator made the edges dark so it fits much better in the interface and all the other icons
      His Thread with other view Item suggestions
    2. Since I linked the Thread there is also the Gauntlet that I like, with the redish design and a few other things like the sticking out engraving on activation.
      The only thing I still deslike is that it doesn't look like a gauntlet per definition:
      Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
      Gauntlet is a name for several different styles of Glove particularly those with an extended cuff covering part of the forearm.
      I miss the pretective addition on the gloves that makes it a gauntlet. And as my previous post mentioned, this can be used to add some kind of artistic effect to imply the damaging effect of the glove.
    3. I'm OK with the current Scythe Of Wise. But if you like to play around the design, you can look if you can use the horn of the sheep to form the scythe. Also the scyth dosen't always have to look the conventional why, Just look at Dota1 Scyth of Wise .
    4. Dagon is the last Item I would like to post my feedback on. You should change the direction of the "Fingers" form the left top site to the top right, because its hard to differentiate what Level it is, since its blocked by Hotkey for the Slot the Dagon is in.
    Last edited by DieFi; 05-13-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Formation error

Quote Originally Posted by ZeppMan217 View Post
    If you compare the icons here, I don't think they look terribly similar.
    Orientation and shape are similar as as all staffs/bars but MKB looks more uber.
    COMMUNITY REGULATED MUTE SYSTEM (CRMS) A Simple Idea with Massive Results
    UNOFFICIAL DASHBOARD POLL Dashboard - OLD vs NEW
    DOTA2 Items ICON SET Design Comparison CHART - Icon Cheat Sheet
    POLL: HEALTH BAR at TOP BAR? - Add health bar to top bar Valve!
    True Sight Indicator like dota1 - What happened to the true sight symbol?!?

Basic Member
    Completely agree. I hope Valve goes back to a bit simpler elegant icons (or icon packs for people with different choices). Really loved old tangoes, sheepstick, butterfly, dagon. Really dislike the new sheep stick, aghanims, blink etc.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=36398

Here you can see, which items I think are successful. I let the pictures talk.

Basic Member
    Boots of Elvenskin > No boots...

Basic Member
    Boosters/Mordiggian/Gem of True Sight looks great here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post191729 Give it some thought, the actual Boosters seem too plain simple and the Gem seems a bit off, the actual Armlet seems a bit "dead" color wise, even in the active form, also Skadi looks good.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=34502 - Here you can see that Blademail/Shadow Blade/Clarity/Healing Salve/Sacred Relic Could look, those details (bloody/old textures) work real good with battle themed games like DotA, specially if there are resemblance of medieval-ish(a.k.a Swords/LanÁes/Arcanery). Also, Mask of Madness/Scroll of Town Portal would be great with those active icons.

No offense, but Satanic/Boots of Elvenskin looks completely off.

As for Vladmir's Offering, the red background really fits the item itself and the description too, seemed eerie.

Assault Cuirass could have some rework, like Red/silver parts in it, it looks a simple armor plate. Try changing colors and giving it some evil shape somehow, spikes, red colors, it may fit its description.

Also I would like to mention Blink Dagger, it looks plain too simple, mostly a sort of decorated small machete. Take a look at Riki's daggers, they look good, I'm suggesting an more detailed dagger, based on Riki's.

PLS fix satanic icon...