Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Feedback

Basic Member
    Blink Dagger is messed up, Assault Cuirras way to ugly, Divine Rapier = Toy, Monkey King's Bar background shouldn't be dark, Vanguard ... i mean what the hell?

Basic Member
    Assault is not ugly wtf XD It looked really silly before. If you dont think it fits the look of a curiass, say that, don't say it's ugly. Learn what words mean

I personally really donīt like:
    new dagger:just looks worse
    Shadow blade:bad collour choise and too complicated edge
    Necrobook lvl3:looks more like poison book
    Dagon:Itīs shooting red shots in game and item shows yellow shot
    Vaguard:too complicated, keep it simple and nice as before
    wards:they look like they want get out of image now
    Black king bar:red eyes reminds me more something like mask of madness than bkb, i would remove them
    Satanic:it still looks strange, needs to be changed to look like something what is really "satanic"
    gem:still looks like green something(pearl) in piace of stone, I just donīt like it(also ingame model still looks like first version which was quite fine for me)

On the other side skadi, mask of madness, poor mans shield, headdress, chainmail, armlet and assault currais looks better.

Basic Member
    The ones I did NOT like are;
    Blink Dagger.
    Vanguard.
    Observer/Sentry wards
    Yasha
    Vanguard ( Seriously... )
    Urn ( A bit too dark)
    Monkey King Bar
    Mask Of Madness ( am I the only one? )

Vanguard is ugly, looks like an old man face or a goat face.. and those silly red eyes.. very bad icon.

I also don't like Deso, MKB, Skady, Hex, Rapier... even new Satanic isn't that hot but hey it's better then that last most ugly icon ever u had for satanic.

Basic Member

Lightbulb Detailed feedback after 2 weeks testing

Hello my friends!

I would like to give a short feedback to the latest item changes. I waited some days with this feedback to test the new items ingame and to figure out how they increase/ decrease my dota 2 experience.

The scource of the following images is the blog of cyborgmatt (cyborgmatt.com). I do not own the images and I hope referring to it is allowed.

So lets start the feedback:

+++/ Outstanding
    ++/ way better (then the old one)
    +/ litte better (then the old one)

0/ no great changes

-/ slight failure
    --/ way worse (then the old one)
    ---/ catastrophe (new satanic and vanguard only)

New Abyssal:
    +/ looks lighter and sharper, more like a real blade. I like it.
    Old:

New Drums:
    -/ not bad at all, but the old one was a little better.
    Old:

New Armlet:
    0/ looks more like an armlet, but it looks not as finished as the old one.
    Old:

New AC:
    --/ I dont like the new colour and style. Old AC looked like a really strong armor, also the golden lines on it looked really good. The new AC looks like a clash of a frog and a long-sleeve gym-suit Also you might see the AC aura now in the icon.
    Old:

New BF:
    -/ Looks to shiny. The orange blade does not fit to the rest of the item.
    Old:

New BKB:
    -/ remove the glowing eyes. they are to small and look strange.
    Old:

New Blade of Alacrity:
    --/ looks way to similar to Yasha. No idea why you changed it that way.
    Old:

New Blink:
    -/ two words: TO FAT
    Old:

New Bottles:
    -/ old one had a slightly better form.
    Old:

New Branches:
    -/ old ones looked better.
    Old:

New Chainmail and Broadsword: ++/ good job. Chainmail looks now really good and Broadsword is way easier to distinguish from Claymore.

New Dagon: ... -/ ? ... +/ ? ... New Dagon looks way better now, but there is no proper way to identify the level on first sight. This has to be clearer in my opinion. Make it more unique (like the old ones).

New Gem:
    --/ looks unfinished. Seems like a big green ball in a small frame. The old one looked better.
    Old:

New Headdress, HoD, Hood: 0/ all quite good.

New Shadow Blade:
    --/ Blade looks crappy, colour looks strange too. No idea why you made it purple.
    Old:

New Javelin, Medallion and Sange: +/ all looking great.

New Mask of Madness:
    ++/ big improvement.
    Old:

New Rapier:
    -/ the golden shining light (kind of an aura) is missing.
    Old:

New Satanic:
    ---/ wow. old satanic was the most badass looking item in the entire game. A mix of a skull, jaw, eyes and horns. A really evil looking item - on the first sight identifiable as a lifestealing (and expensive!) item.

The new item looks like a stone. And it looks really cheap. No badass, no lifesteal, no jaws, no teeth, no skull. But a stone. I really dont like this.
    Old:

Please guys, change it back! There were/ are many good looking items - but satanic was by far the most unique. Now it is a stone :'(

New Vanguard:
    ---/ item looks like some kind of old face. Old item was really good so I dont get, why it was changed this way.
    Old:

I hope this feedback will be helpful to improve the future items. If i look back to the beginning of the Dota 2 beta we went a long way and the items have improved a lot. But in some cases there is still some potential for improvements.

Greeting from Germany,
    Pyrolite

Abbyssal Blade

I have only one complaint. The icon for Abyssal blade looks like it has been scaled down incorrectly from a wider image.

This is the original icon:

This is what it looks like it's been scaled down from:

In order to fix this I think it should look something like this:

MKB and Vanguard are rly ugly imo.

Pls some new models or something... show some love to the items.

Basic Member
    The only item I really, really hate is the new Shadow Blade. The blade looks like it's made of cheap plastic.

Another thing I liked was the open hand / clenched fist icon on Armlet, it was not only cool but also very readable.

A new one that looks funny... don't know how I missed it till now.. I don't rly use it that much.

Rod of Atos = a bone with a gem on it

I think it could have a improvement.