Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new Urn of Shadows

The new Urn of Shadows

With this last update - I like most of the new item icons. The only one I don't seem to get is the Urn of Shadows. Not a fan.

Anyone else feel this way?

EDIT: I posted this below in response, but will add it up here as well.

So - I went looking at CyborgMatt's site - and was able to compare images and have a better idea why I don't like it. When you see a larger image, I know what it's supposed to be. However, with the smaller shop icons - there is less area for the graphic, and it feels as if the green smoke takes up the entirety of the image.

At the very least - I'd zoom out with the graphic - so it looks a little more "Urn-like". If they can increase the size of the shop icons (not much, just a tad) in general - that too would be helpful.
    Last edited by PerfectAverage; 04-27-2012 at 10:53 AM.

I like it very much. It feels evil
    Dota 2 Italia Admin

My system specs: Windows 7 64bit - AMD Phenom II X3 720 - ATI 6850 HD (latest drivers) - 4 GB RAM

Urn of Shadows is one of the worst.
    SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION. DAMNIT.

Basic Member
    *of the best

Basic Member
    Urn of Shadows looks a lot better especially like the way it has the green effect all around the urn that actually applies to the actual effect of its use in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I like it very much. It feels evil
    It feels like a gas comes out from an ass

I dislike the new icon off the urn aswell. The colours just dont match what I would expect to see on a "Urn of Shadow"

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyDarkSeer View Post
    I dislike the new icon off the urn aswell. The colours just dont match what I would expect to see on a "Urn of Shadow"
    That might be the problem with it. Looking at the old icon, and comparing it to the new - I'm just not expecting green gas.

EDIT: So - I went looking at CyborgMatt's site - and was able to compare images and have a better idea why I don't like it. When you see a larger image, I know what it's supposed to be. However, with the smaller shop icons - there is less area for the graphic, and it feels as if the green smoke takes up the entirety of the image.

At the very least - I'd zoom out with the graphic - so it looks a little more "Urn-like". If they can increase the size of the shop icons (not much, just a tad) in general - that too would be helpful.
    Last edited by PerfectAverage; 04-27-2012 at 10:52 AM.

The Urn is my absolute least favorite of the new icons. It looks a lot less forboding (as an evil artifact should) and instead just looks like a silly looking skull with gas coming out of it.

I will post my suggestion here again.

The urn should look empty when it has no souls, no mold on it either when it has no souls

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed