Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 starting to look like HON

NOOOO! Please Valve! Return it to its old icons and just redesign the old ones!

These new icons are really like HoN. EVERY item in HON looks like this kind of artstyle and HoN items are hard to recognize and hard to distinguish mind you, so please please.. pretty please... return it to the old ones and just improve the old ones it will be much better.

I'd be the happiest man on earth, probably most of the d2 community too, if you NOT implement this. =(

Basic Member
    New hud i totaly shitty ... :/
    new hud.jpgold hud.jpg

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    This is called the "placeholder syndrome" meaning that people are/have become so accustomed too non-finished art placeholders that they refute any changes to it.

take a few days away from dota and you will see that the new, bar a few, of the new icon art is amazing.
    It's not that they arn't amazing, it's that they do not fit in with the graphical style of the game. The game has a very simplistic and clean look to it, almost cartoonish.
    The items on the otherhand looks very detailed with shadows and glows and reflections, not fitting the graphical style at all. They look too much "CGI'd" if you get what I mean.

Basic Member
    I have to admit that it does look like hon. The Old Style was more clean and pretty. The reason for this might be the contrast that is used in item icons. They are too dark and indistinguishable. Icons like point booster, vitality booster looks way worse. Whereas some other items ( just a small fraction of them) like medallion is good.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
    The Old Style was more clean and pretty. The reason for this might be the contrast that is used in item icons.
    T-up

Basic Member
    +1 hate this hud etc. hon if shit

Somethings its good and others not... but looks like some icons still in alpha..

Basic Member
    too many league of legend players have come aboard, scared of "creepy dark" Icons and "zomg im gonna pee my pants, it doesnt look like a cartoon anymore, like my favorite game!"

Shame, im doing the only sensible thing left, getting the fck outta here before the swarm gets any worse!

Valve, i support your new and improved HUD+icons over placeholders..please dont give in to the lol players wishes..just dont.
    Last edited by crazy; 04-25-2012 at 01:16 PM.

I do not see much similarity. But the art work does resemble HoN to some extent. I would prefer Dota 2 to stay pure and untainted by HoN or LoL.

Basic Member
    I prefer the old and simple ones. Dota should be easy to the eye!