Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated DOTA 2 Item icons - Visual Comparison

My four issues:

The boosters look a bit cheap
    Divine Rapier looks overkill (sure, it is, but still)
    Armlet?
    Gem was better before (dont know why, but it seemed to be more capable of emanating true sight particles... or something.)

Basic Member
    -Armlet icons from activ/inactiv should be switched

-maybe add difference between Desolator lvl 1 and 2 (Edit: i mean Diffusal Blade) thx VeRychard for hint

-Mask of Madness(MoM) looks worse (not mad enough, old one had some sort of spiral in his eyes)

-Mekansm ... again not so sure wtf this is tbh ?!?!

-Divine Rapier looks worse (not epic enough [old one was quite epic])

-Reaver mb too black/dark

-Sacric Relic should keep the "lionhead"

-Satanic looks just ... not identifiable

-old Shadow Blade was a bit more stylish

-Gem and Magic Wand not flashy enough ? kinda "lame" and unimportant (at least Gem some more glow and shine)

some other really different items just need some time to get used to i guess. (Force Staff, Hex, Agha, etc.)

PS: thumbs up for lvl difference on Dagon and Necro (and maybe in some far future add the itemicon on the recipe of the item if it has a recipe [recipe has an icon on itself from itself (like BKB, HoT, BoT's, Refresher)])

everything stated about := my opinion.

Edit:

some real cool looking new icons:

Aegis, Manaboots, Armlet, Bloodstone(!), Eul's(!), Dagon, Ethernal Blade, Force Staff, Heavens Halberd(!), Mjollnir(!), Medaillion, Mystic Staff, Necro, Orchid, Phase Boots, Quelling Blade, Radiance (activ)(!), Refresher Orb(!), Eye of Skadi(!), Soul Ring(!), Ultimate Orb(!), Yasha, all "Booster", ... cheese (just kidding)

(!) means: pretty much perfect as it is .. imo
    Last edited by Sloke; 04-25-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Stickied to make it easier to look up the item icons without being on Dota2.

how does desolator have more lvls?

Satanic looks like a strip of moldy beef jerky with teeth and eyes..

I think some items have improved and some been made worse: for example the sacred relic and the boosters look more plastic than before, while some look way more realiztic than before. I suggest going with the more realistic style of the new update, but applying it to all items, and avoiding the plastic feeling.

Basic Member
    Please keep in mind that people play in different screen resolutions. While in high res. icons may look ok, downscaling of icons in low res. makes them look awfull... :-/
    Sorry for my bad English.

Basic Member
    We'll get used to them,not a drastic change,altou boots of elvenskin aren't really boots anymore...

They are amazing! Especially the CASTER items those are stunning! 10/10

Basic Member
    Please no! Do not do this update, the main version. It's just awful. Especially the interface. I just lost the mood. It sucks. So far, I liked all the updates, like everything that makes the valve, but it's just terrible. Once again I say - please do not ...