Thread: Ethereal Blade and Butterfly

Banned

Ethereal Blade and Butterfly

Can't believe nobody from the designers noticed this.
    You have two freaking swords, really similar ideas with agility and all, they are both green and now they have both the same orientation: from top-left to bottom right.
    This is horrible. Especially when you can see them both on some hero like Mophling and confuse them at a glance.

I believe having EB orientated from top-right to bottom-left is a must... unless I am missing some mysterious design pattern you are using....

Basic Member
    They are green because they boost agility heavily. I agree they look similar but it's not that huge a deal. You typically dont see both items on the same hero within the game.

EB trumps Butter anyway

Banned
    it is horrible from a design perspective

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HMAN911 View Post
    They are green because they boost agility heavily. I agree they look similar but it's not that huge a deal. You typically dont see both items on the same hero within the game.
    wrong, sir.
    having both items on the same hero is the only case where the similarity does not matter. this is, because you see 2 similar green swords and you can quickly judge: ok, probably eb and bfly.
    in any other case it might be important if the enemy hero is able to shotgun you or can evade your attacks. but you might have problems making out the difference between the two items in a fraction of a second.

so i think they should work out the diferences better.

Basic Member
    Flipping eth. blade's icon horizontally would do the trick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Treads View Post
    Flipping eth. blade's icon horizontally would do the trick.
    yup.
    funny thing is it was like that before, they changed it recently.
    dunno why