Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Void chronosphere revealing invisible allies

Basic Member

[Fixed] Void chronosphere revealing invisible allies

I don't know if it is really bug, but Void's chronosphere make visible void's allies.
    replay 13050612. time 22:00 on middle tower.

There void put his ultimate on weaver, and we could kill him, but there was no wards/dust and other.
    I don't know if it is bug or not (also I can't remember about DotA) but if it is no bug it is weird.

2012-04-26_00002.jpeg
    as you can see weaver is on his invis, but we can attack him.

Basic Member
    its not a bug, all units inside chrono are granted vision of, invis or not. also all units inside chrono shpere cannot evade/ have attacks miss.

Basic Member
    if it is not a bug, it is very strange, because it can be abused to kill your teammates...

Quote Originally Posted by Digirider View Post
    its not a bug, all units inside chrono are granted vision of, invis or not. also all units inside chrono shpere cannot evade/ have attacks miss.
    Actually, thats wrong. Chronosphere only provides true sight for allies, it will not reveal units using most typpes of invisibilty like windwalk-type abilities, such as Shukuchi. Riki is an exception, he would be revealed by an allied chronosphere because his permanent invisibility is disabled by pause (at least in D1 where we had pause).

Are other units using other invisibility abilities being revealed as well?
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Checked in test mode with brood, BH, weaver, bone, and with shadow blade, riki. revealed all of it.

To be quite honest, I am unsure whether this is a bug, as its possible it was an intended change with regards to invisibility abilities.

Still, added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Actually, thats wrong. Chronosphere only provides true sight for allies, it will not reveal units using most typpes of invisibilty like windwalk-type abilities, such as Shukuchi. Riki is an exception, he would be revealed by an allied chronosphere because his permanent invisibility is disabled by pause (at least in D1 where we had pause).

Are other units using other invisibility abilities being revealed as well?
    I remember being stomped with invisible heroes other than Riki by getting seen under Void's Chronosphere without any other buffs/skills/items revealing me whatsoever (in Dota)

Quote Originally Posted by pard View Post
    I remember being stomped with invisible heroes other than Riki by getting seen under Void's Chronosphere without any other buffs/skills/items revealing me whatsoever (in Dota)
    If you an enemy of Void, then it will reveal you no matter what kind of invisibility you are using. If you are an ally, you won't be revealed unless you are Rikimaru (or slark, IIRC). You can check this for yourself in the Dota 1.
    Before posting new bugs:

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    To be quite honest, I am unsure whether this is a bug, as its possible it was an intended change with regards to invisibility abilities.

Still, added to sticky.
    It is for sure not an intended change, since it is retarded easy to make this work on dota 1, the same way void gets flying vision and true sight on chronosphere, add a unit that has true sight but not flying vision to the enemy team of void.

Basic Member
    bad wording on my end but i was refering to the fact no matter the invis all enemies will be revealed..didnt really care much for allies as to me it seems he refers to enemy.