Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A GREAT IDEA for gathering opinions on items.

Basic Member
    ^long story, huh?
    even there will be iconic colors, dota 2 will define them. deal with it, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    ^long story, huh?
    even there will be iconic colors, dota 2 will define them. deal with it, dude.
    Yes, Dota 2 will define them.

But the problem now is Dota 2 isnt defining them.

Look at Scythe of Vyse. Its a random dullish palette of grey, brown and green. It doesnt even stand out.
    Same goes for Mekansm.

And there is no need for the "Deal with it, dude" comment. That is extremely rude and unnecessary. What Im providing is feedback, if you dont like it, you can disagree with my feedback and provide reasons, but not tell me in the face to "shut up".
    You asked me why I required iconic colors, I explained very clearly to you why, I dont see why now you have to be so rude.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    The old icons weren't exactly ideal either. That doesn't make the new ones good either.

Rather than regressing back to the old when the new fails we should instead try to progress forwards.

You could have different designs for an item, but the color palette has to remain largely the same, because players identify by color and the general shape of the item more so than by the intricate detail of the item.

This is extremely important in a competitive game because players will click on enemy heroes to see their items and recognise what they have. This usually takes place over 1 second or less and any detail that serves to complicate the player's ability to recognise the items instantly affects gameplay by a large extent.
    +1. Icons can't be just "cool looking". They also need to serve a function. That function is the ability for a player to quickly and without thought see what items an opponent is carrying.
    Last edited by Kakee; 04-26-2012 at 02:35 AM.

no need, just properly rework new icons!