Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New icons - mkb, shadow blade and abyssal blade does not look very good...

Basic Member

Exclamation New icons - mkb, shadow blade and abyssal blade does not look very good...

Monkey king bar, shadow blade and abyssal blade does not look very good (and I do not really like blink dagger, (both new and old), I think many will support me, you need to completely change it. Need a real, dangerous blade, not the toy (i mean blink dagger).
    And Mkb in dota1 looks much better...and the old shadow blade I liked more.
    Please treat it seriously to create icons of weapons, because weapons icons will have to look perfect!
    But the other icons and new HUD are just very cool, GOOD WORK GUYS.

p.s. sry for my bad english...
    p.s.s. mjollnir and desolator also look terrible...pls rework their.
    Last edited by HS_Samurai; 04-26-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Basic Member
    i guess you dont know what MKB is...it's from Chinese story journey to the west, and I can assure u it never looks like the icon in dota 1(that's not even a bar...)

Basic Member
    okay, but dota 2 it is not a Chinese game ... in DotA 2 mkb is perceived by almost all as a formidable artifact, a dangerous weapon, rather than a stick ...IMHO.

what are you talking about? monkey king bar look fantastic! now it really does seems like it is own by Monkey King. the one thing i despise is mjolnir. it looks rather weak and underpowered
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

Quote Originally Posted by HS_Samurai View Post
    okay, but dota 2 it is not a Chinese game ... in DotA 2 mkb is perceived by almost all as a formidable artifact, a dangerous weapon, rather than a stick ...IMHO.
    That stick had a weight of several tones and could not be handled by anyone else than the monkey king:P.Getting hit by several tones of mass is more likely to kill you than a sword swing.That's why against armored opponents maces,hammers and the like were prefered rather than the good'ol sword.
    MKB is fine.I support a complete change of Abyssal though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXSynXx View Post
    what are you talking about? monkey king bar look fantastic! now it really does seems like it is own by Monkey King. the one thing i despise is mjolnir. it looks rather weak and underpowered
    agree with you about mjollnir

Basic Member
    well, i am not sure if it is just your opinion that a "stick" could not be dangerous. at least i am quite happen with the new MKB icon. it even has a (chinese) dragon head at the end of it. it seems that the artist did some good research on it, as it is originally from one of the dradon kings(well, this is also from the story, i guess you wont be interested)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    well, i am not sure if it is just your opinion that a "stick" could not be dangerous. at least i am quite happen with the new MKB icon. it even has a (chinese) dragon head at the end of it. it seems that the artist did some good research on it, as it is originally from one of the dradon kings(well, this is also from the story, i guess you wont be interested)
    Okay, maybe I got carried away, let's leave this artifact alone ... but at least mollnir, abyssal and desolator need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by HS_Samurai View Post
    Okay, maybe I got carried away, let's leave this artifact alone ... but at least mollnir, abyssal and desolator need to change.
    We are talking about opinions here so it is perfectly fine to say you don't like the mkbar.I mean maybe there are more ppl who don't like than those who do,in which case it probably should be redesigned :P
    Also yes,redesing mjlonir and AbyBlade !!!

Basic Member
    yep, you absolutely right! just design of the MKB is pretty good compared to the mjolnir (for example)! ty =)