View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the newer concept [New]

95 29.14%
  • Keep the pendant design [Old]

231 70.86%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem of True Sight concept [with poll]

Quote Originally Posted by neXXus View Post
    I would definitely go back to the old concept and visually enhance it. Gem is by far the worst item change (though I like most of them) and you cannot tell what this item is/does by just looking at it anymore. +1 to this
    +1

The new one looks like it's a consumable, really. That's my main complaint.

Basic Member
    new one is fine and fits the overall style, but you can make it as acid-green as old version

Basic Member
    Although the new icon has some things to offer, there are a few things I think the old icon communicated really well. First, its brightness (and sort of "glow") communicates vision to me when I look at it. The new icon just sort of looks like one of many generic orbs that the new icons contain. Secondly, the ribbon that is wrapped around the gem in the old icon really communicates that the entire item is that little stone whereas the new icon's weird gray thing around it could be part of a sort of wizard's staff or something (it fades in the bottom left). Also, a minor thing, but I think the ribbon probably at least subliminally communicates how loosely the gem is attached to you (it can drop). I've never been crazy about the old icon, but I think it was a good concept.

Basic Member
    I LOVE the new one. It looks awesome. The old one had such.. Shoddy textures, I mean it looks so flat and blah like someone just drew on a piece of paper

I prefer the old one but it needs to be a bit redone.

The new icon is WAY better! The old one looked crappy and out of place.

Basic Member
    I can not belive people prefer the old one lol. Look at the damn thing. It has two colors, and no shading. It's really bad

Basic Member
    The new one doesn't really look like a gem. It looks more like a weird stone of sorts... Definitely would prefer the old gem.

Basic Member
    I'm on the fence with this one I like the new look more so, but I love the color scheme of the first one. It makes it a lot more noticeable especially when dropped on the ground.