Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Divine Rapier = fish

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancey View Post
    Well it is a rapier.
    Yep. It got the handguard and everything.

The old one was fine, but the new one has better details. The shape, however, is retarded. It looks like a golden rapier handle stuck on the goddamn Frostmourne.

http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?rapier
    <zoology> Rapier fish, the swordfish.

Has to be more Golden, and the blade has to have a more prominent space. Also, removing the blue ornament would also be a good idea (It's safe to say it's the main culprit of the whole "rapier/fish" comparison).

Divine Rapier no longer looks like the majestic godly item with that golden white blade and glow. It now looks like some common fancy sword and looks inferior to Butterfly.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Divine Rapier no longer looks like the majestic godly item with that golden white blade and glow. It now looks like some common fancy sword and looks inferior to Butterfly.
    this

Basic Member
    It does look more like a rapier, but the blade's random curves make it look flimsy. I have mixed feelings on the handguard. I like the metal design since rapiers do have handguards that look like that, but the blue/purple gem looks gaudy and out of place. Make the blade straight and remove the gem and it will be a more rapier-like version of the old icon.

I prefer Divine Rapier to be a straight blade like in the old model.

In fact, I prefer the old model.

We have enough curved swords in Diffusal Blade, Butterfly, etc.

Divine Rapier should be straight.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    Oh God, it's true.

Basic Member
    This is ridiculous. It's a bit odd how this went unnoticed by the devs. Now I'm always reminded of fishes when I look at a Divine Rapier. Please, change it, it's hilarious but not very epic XD

EDIT: IMO the Divine Rapier should look more like Demon Edge. More straight, wide, sturdy and epic-looking. The current Rapier icon looks like a fencing sword.
    Last edited by Recountal; 04-27-2012 at 04:35 AM.