Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April 26th Updated Satanic

Basic Member
    A complete remake of the Satanic should be in order. No matter how you look at it, it's still look awful.

Banned
    Satanic should look scary and fearsome and big. Not a bacon strip

Basic Member
    Ya i agree all i can see is that its some horrific looking relic. But that doesnt really explain what it is.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Whatever it looks like, it does not represent its effect or do it any justice.

All the other items in the above 5000 gold range look grand and powerful except for Scythe of Vyse and Satanic.

Greenish, dull, unrecognizable unless looked upon in closer detail, can be used to describe these 2 items.
    I agree Santanic does seem like it needs a rework, but Scythe of Vyse looks insane the detailing and the actual blade of the Scythe looks menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    I agree Santanic does seem like it needs a rework, but Scythe of Vyse looks insane the detailing and the actual blade of the Scythe looks menacing.
    Too bad SoV's colors make it look uninteresting.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Yeah, it's a possessed axe made of gore and bone. It was a possessed axe yesterday, and it still is today, just much clearer.

Here's an idea: what would you want it to look like? All you've done is bash the current design, giving no specific qualms. Why don't you sketch out a design concept, so we can see what a lifesteal item called "Satanic" is supposed to look like?
    ◕_◕

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCharge View Post
    Yeah, it's a possessed axe made of gore and bone. It was a possessed axe yesterday, and it still is today, just much clearer.

Here's an idea: what would you want it to look like? All you've done is bash the current design, giving no specific qualms. Why don't you sketch out a design concept, so we can see what a lifesteal item called "Satanic" is supposed to look like?
    An axe or helmet that reminds me of the old satanic from Dota 1, colors should be reddish and fleshy looking instead of white silver. It should capture the feel of Reaver and Helm of the Dominator, aka something that they could likely combine into.
    Background color, if any, should be red or blood red or just black, depends on the color of the satanic itself.
    Important thing is to make it instantly recognisable and look powerful.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    both reaver and satanic going for that Soul Edge look but failed.

I still can't see what it is. It doesn't look like a horn like in WC3 Dota.

Basic Member
    I always think of a slightly menacing caterpillar when I look at it, like the ones you're not sure if you can play with or not as a kid.