Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Demo File Format

Quote Originally Posted by pork View Post
    Oh sweet! I figured that there were a billion platform specific things I accidentally wrote. I don't understand Github but pull requests sound great.

So since I just wanted results I was lazy and everything it prints comes from: https://github.com/dschleck/edith/bl...ding_visitor.h . This is the code I used to get data for that picture. It's really shitty design, but that object gets created here: https://github.com/dschleck/edith/bl...c/main.cpp#L26 . You can search for "visitor->" and see where it's called.
    No worries dude, only needed to add a couple of cmake flags, include <algorithm> in one file, and be explicit with the 128 bit conversions in properties. I figured out the issue, you're masking off the hero id's with 0x3ff, but I found the ids in my game where above that, and used 0x7ff. If that makes sense let me know.

After that I think I'll try to get python visitors working. Really well designed interface.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hackcasual View Post
    No worries dude, only needed to add a couple of cmake flags, include <algorithm> in one file, and be explicit with the 128 bit conversions in properties. I figured out the issue, you're masking off the hero id's with 0x3ff, but I found the ids in my game where above that, and used 0x7ff. If that makes sense let me know.

After that I think I'll try to get python visitors working. Really well designed interface.
    Aha, good call on 0x7FF. That corresponds to MAX_EDICTS (see https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Entity_limit ). Please send me a pull request for all of that!

@pork

Good job, man!

I'm pulling a blank, but does anyone know how to get the DTI sendtable summary from the game client? I feel like (with DTI enabled) it used to just appear when the game loaded, but I can't get it to print now.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onethirtyfive View Post
    I'm pulling a blank, but does anyone know how to get the DTI sendtable summary from the game client? I feel like (with DTI enabled) it used to just appear when the game loaded, but I can't get it to print now.
    Don't you just have -dti as a launch option and then it automatically saves files in steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/dota 2 or whatever? Maybe you can use dti_flush too.

Basic Member
    Hi pork any luck about releasing your position tool?

I just want to take a second to pimp skadi.

I'm finally happy with the IO aspect of the library, so I wrote up a little README. Next up, I will port edith's PE parsing into python.

So for those of you more inclined to use dynamic languages, check it out. I'll try not to be too spammy with this going forward, but the project is maturing at a pretty good clip now so I thought I'd bring it back up.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100kV View Post
    Hi pork any luck about releasing your position tool?
    I'm not sure what you mean, by default the death_recording_visitor.h prints out a position every time a dead player is updated. I just wrote a simple python script to filter that data down and then used some awful JS to convert that data.

I'm happy to announce that skadi now parses replay files completely! In its current form it dumps all of the entity information in a replay. But even though we have access to entity data, there's still some stuff to figure out. And better APIs to write.

We're still very active in quakenet irc in #dota2replay if you want to learn more.

Also, shout out to pork for his work on edith. His help has been indispensable getting to this point.

Basic Member
    Hi, after the patch 6.80 all parsers Dota 2, include Valve's parser, fail: (

Valve parser say:

ERROR: Shouldn't ever get this demo command?!? 14
    Is there any solution for this?
    Thanks =)

Edit: Continue happening with private rooms .dem
    Last edited by Worvast; 02-04-2014 at 12:29 PM.