Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Demo File Format

From time to time, new messages make their way into replays. New Bloom introduced a new one.

smoke handles this new message, and clarity will soon.

Any updates on the parser? I was not able to get smoke/clarity to work. Im hoping someone would update the parser on the valve dev community webpage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thespysapper View Post
    Any updates on the parser? I was not able to get smoke/clarity to work. Im hoping someone would update the parser on the valve dev community webpage
    I just tried clarity for a replay on TI-4 and it worked fine. How's yours not working? Any error?

Basic Member
    Hello,

I'm trying to get total damage dealt per team for every tick. For now, AFAIK we have to parse combatlog for that. Anyone knows another way? Thanks before.

Basic Member
    Hi Guys,

Is it just me or is the demoinfo2 is out of date, as the new games keep saying "ERROR: Shouldn't ever get this demo command?!? 14". I ran a few of the older games and they worked but the recent games dont.

Thanks

Hi,

I downloaded the tool and compiled it successfully.
    I tried to use it on several of my downloaded matches, but it fails to complete.

For example on matches 818802304, 830045423 I get: ERROR: Shouldn't ever get this demo command?!? 14

On match 830137354 I also get the error: libprotobuf ERROR ..\src\google\protobuf\message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse message of type "CDOTAUserMsg_UnitEvent" because it is missing required fields: msg_type

It seems like the provided protobuf format is not up to date with .dem file format.

Can you update it please?

Note that I used Visual Studio 2013 with all projects.
    In order to compile it I had to change the Platform Toolset of the projects to: Visual Studio 2010 (v100)
    Otherwise it fails to compile with missing 'min' and 'max' identifiers.

Thanks

Hi!

so is there any news on a Source2 version? Or any Alternative?

Thanks
    Peter

Basic Member
    Hi,

do you know how to get a player orientation? I'm using smoke to parse the replay file and it works just fine. I can easily track a player position. I'm wondering if I can track the player orientation. Do you know maybe what m_angRotation[0] and m_angRotation[1] mean? They both come form DT_DOTA_BaseNPC.

Basic Member
    Sir if you are working for valve please fix the replay for my match id : 2603049253

Basic Member
    Replay pending / unavailable
    I played a couple of matches and the replays for some of them are still un available.
    Please Fix the replay for the match.
    Match id : 2603049253
    please valve fix the replay for the above match