Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Demo File Format

While we only provided a Visual Studio 2010 solution, there's nothing preventing the code from being ported to Mac OS X or Linux. Google's protocol buffers support both platforms as well. It would be easy to port the code, there's nothing in it that is dependent on windows.

Basic Member
    Will we need to worry about backwards compatibility at any point, or do you foresee the replay format staying as-is for a really long time? Will the proto files need to be changed at all in the future, requiring a re-compile? This is amazing btw, keep it up!

haha ... this time has come ... now waiting for PHP parser
    sorry for my bad English ...

From Vietnam with Love - Lagest DOTA 2 Community in Vietnam: DotA-2.Vn

Basic Member
    Except for conio.h, __cdecl, __declspec( noreturn ) and some other windows only functions?

I know there's a workaround for most of em, (and you can just delete the conio reference if you remove the interrupt at the bottom of demofiledump) but just saying the port took longer than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Tharuler View Post
    Except for conio.h, __cdecl, __declspec( noreturn ) and some other windows only functions?

I know there's a workaround for most of em, (and you can just delete the conio reference if you remove the interrupt at the bottom of demofiledump) but just saying the port took longer than expected
    Did you actually finish the port? Would you mind sharing to save time?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharuler View Post

Did you already port it to linux? If so, would you mind tossing it up somewhere?

Basic Member
    Its pretty straight forward to get it up and running on OSX.

Snappy and Protobuff will both compile and install using standard ./configure, make, make install steps. Then simply run the protoc script for each proto file to generate the parsers.

Then just drag all the generated source into a command line tool project along with the 3 .h and .cpp files with the demo app and setup your linker/includes properly. The only modifications i made to the valve source was updating the _int32/64/uint/etc typedefs to point at the OSX definitions and I removed the conio stuff previously mentioned.

If there is demand I can probably zip up my directory structure and toss it on a dropbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounges View Post

Snappy and Protobuff will both compile and install using standard ./configure, make, make install steps. Then simply run the protoc script for each proto file to generate the parsers.

Then just drag all the generated source into a command line tool project along with the 3 .h and .cpp files with the demo app and setup your linker/includes properly. The only modifications i made to the valve source was updating the _int32/64/uint/etc typedefs to point at the OSX definitions and I removed the conio stuff previously mentioned.

If there is demand I can probably zip up my directory structure and toss it on a dropbox.
    Or throw it on github/bitbucket.

I'd be interested in this if you're doing it, it's been like ... 5 years since I did any C work, it will probably take me fumbling around a bit to fix the stuff you already did.

Basic Member
    This is pretty neat.
    CPU: Intel i7 2630QM
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 525M ( 1GB )
    RAM: 6 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lounges View Post

Yea had to change the typedefs aswell to run on linux.

I'll see if I can throw it online soon.