Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Overall Graphics

While I honestly like both graphics, HoN's are MUCH clearer. It's much easier to see what's going on. Dota2 isn't too bad, especially after playing a bit with the graphic settings (very important!), but my main concern is it being slow. Very, very slow. Spells take forever to cast, and it feels heroes are much heavier and less reactive than in HoN.
    If you have to improve something, please focus on that. Fluidity matters!

OP here. I can see we're playing the lovely game of semantics. I used HoN as a reference for at least what I found visually appealing. I know there's plenty of others that feel the same way HOWEVER: I only used it as a reference. I believe that the graphics/artform(?) from DotA2 should be on a totally different wave length than any competitor. It should be absolutely no contest. I mean, use your imaginations, can't you picture in your heads a really epic looking game? It's par at best, and btw, I have every setting maxed out and running at max FPS. It's still not astounding me. Anyways, I don't mean to whine, I just had higher hopes and I wanted to not only vent my frustration of the matter in public forum but there's also a chance, however slim, that it will make a difference and some of you in the DotA community may actually demand something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gencive2Porc View Post
    While I honestly like both graphics, HoN's are MUCH clearer. It's much easier to see what's going on. Dota2 isn't too bad, especially after playing a bit with the graphic settings (very important!), but my main concern is it being slow. Very, very slow. Spells take forever to cast, and it feels heroes are much heavier and less reactive than in HoN.
    If you have to improve something, please focus on that. Fluidity matters!
    OP again. I was affraid to mention it but I'm glad you did. Absolutely agree, and glad someone else noticed it

I think you need glasses if you think Hon's graphics are better, clearer and basically any variation on a word claiming they are better then what valve has created. This statement is so ridiculous that I feel it is an intentional troll, or people with really bad comps.

Basic Member
    actual graphic in dota 2 is so nice !!! i love it
    dont change it
    Last edited by bassfreak; 04-29-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Basic Member
    Actually the graphics in HON is pretty nice, a lot of shiny effects and particles, for the class of old engine quite outstanding,
    I had the same hopes for Dota 2 graphics as OP, but dota is more focused on gameplay mechanics and balancing...
    troll me or not but I find it that even Demigod's graphics were kinda more attractive then D2