View Poll Results: Which suggestion best cater to you?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

209 59.38%
  • B

45 12.78%
  • C

47 13.35%
  • D

51 14.49%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Rapier Opinion Poll

Divine Rapier Opinion Poll

Original Dota 1 WC3 Divine Rapier:

Dota 2 Divine Rapier before April 25 Update:

Dota 2 Divine Rapier after April 25 Update:

You decide which is best.

Suggestion A:

Dota 2 Divine Rapier before Update. (You think it is good to improve on this design or keep it as it is. Dislike new design.)

Suggestion B:

Dota 2 Divine Rapier after Update. (You think this design is perfect.)

Suggestion C:

Dota 2 Divine Rapier after Updated. (You like the aesthetics of this design, but wish for some improvements to its overall shape/look/color/background etc.)
    Please state how you think it can be improved on in this thread or submit your own improved design.

Suggestion D:
    You want a completely new design overhaul.
    Please state how you want the new design to look like or possibly draw a sketch/render of your ideal Dota 2 Divine Rapier.

For Divine Rapier = fish discussion thread references, view here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=32584
    Last edited by d.phoenixxx; 04-27-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

filler.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    I like the old dota2 rapier design. It looked close enough to the wc3 version, and its easily identifiable when you peek into opponent's inventory.
    I understand there is a fish called rapier, but I wouldn't want a fish to represent an item that gives 300 damage. The sword portion of the word rapier was enough to justify the 300 damage and the item cost. The fish reference makes a divine fish instead of a divine sword.

Basic Member
    Suggestion A.
    Looks mighty, divine, a sword worthy a king.

The new one looks brutal, and not very divine.

Suggestion B and C looks like a sword from Final Fantasy.

My Speedtest Result

I'd say option D.

Neither of all images (even the DotA1 pic) resemble a rapier, And the 25/04 rapier doesn't even resemble a sword.

This should be a good base pic for a rapier:

espada-rapier-en-oro.jpg
    Last edited by Yorien; 04-27-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorien View Post
    I'd say option D.

Neither of all images (even the DotA1 pic) resemble a rapier, And the 25/04 rapier doesn't even resemble a sword.

This should be a good base pic for a rapier:

espada-rapier-en-oro.jpg
    If you check the handle of the A-version, it sort of resembles a rapier. The blade is thicker, but a weapon that deals 300 dmg shouldn't be thin as a stick!

The rapier before update looks the most epic. Maybe some adjustments and it will be ok. Don't like the new one.

Basic Member
    Suggestion A. It is true, as Yorien said, that even the "A look" doesn't resemble a rapier, but is also true what timQ said. I would say:"keep the "A look", do it a bit thinner and improve the background.

Basic Member
    I really dont like the new rapier design. It's too fancy. What's with all the spikes. It just doesnt look as "divine" to me now.
    The old design was simple, but elegant!