Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Minimap pinging doesnt work while capslock is on

[Fixed] Minimap pinging doesnt work while capslock is on

What's wrong with the ping alt + click it's not working propely i can only ping on the map now instead off pinging directley on towers or locations or heroes, it's really annoying... can something be done about this ?

In another thread it was noted that pressing caps-lock seems to be the cause of this. Once caps-lock has been pressed, alt-click on the floor to ping is disabled until the client is restarted.

Basic Member
    Same problem here.

Basic Member
    Caps lock is my chat button and now this is annoying and getting me killed.. because when i would ping after using the caps lock it stops working after I chat

Valve is doing their best to break working things in every patch. Last patch dropped item icons, now this.
    Winter solstice.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebok View Post
    Muted scum shouldn't have an option to disagree with me. That's why they're muted.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    In another thread it was noted that pressing caps-lock seems to be the cause of this. Once caps-lock has been pressed, alt-click on the floor to ping is disabled until the client is restarted.
    Well that sucks, my push to talk is caps lock.... how the hell did this even happen lol

Basic Member
    this happens also with new quick cast feature, if you enable it you can only ping on mini map

Basic Member
    even if you have it disabled.. it still has the bug,

I found a fix around it fyi,

Basically at the start of the match do not press caps lock when you are picking heroes, as soon as your hero spawns start pinging the map with alt and hold the alt key down while you press your first caps lock.

Then for the rest of the game your caps lock will not interfere with the alt key and you will be able to ping.

P.S. this will only last for 1 match and must be done before each match, if you make a mistake then you must restart dota2
    Last edited by Momed; 06-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.

same here can't ping on ground...

Basic Member
    fix please, it's unplayable for me