Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *Bad*: Radiance "on" state is a slow blinking. Blinking is for attention, not state.

Basic Member
    i disagree with OP, i like it as is, blinking does not mean "attention" and its not blinking, its radiating, funny thing for an item called "radiance" to radiate.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    i disagree with OP, i like it as is, blinking does not mean "attention" and its not blinking, its radiating, funny thing for an item called "radiance" to radiate.
    The only thing its "doing" is distracting.

Agree with OP. Maybe keep this animation to loop once or twice when the item is created, but no need to keep it there.

Wow, I had no idea Radiance was animated!!! I started THIS THREAD a week ago asking if people wanted "animated recipes."

Basic Member
    it's a cool touch, and i dont think it will distract players anymore after maybe 2 weeks.

nah.radiance looks cool now.dont really understand why it become such a distracting thing though. at least i didnt felt so. although i do felt disturbed with certain items which are dark,weird looking,ugly and...sorry,i'll post it in the relevant thread.

anyway, i do sure hope valve can leave it as it is. kinda like the new effect on the radiance icon now. or maybe valve can just put an option to disable item animation like potrait animation option so all parties can be happy and be done with this
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

Quote Originally Posted by innociv View Post
    I have a bit of OCD with blinking things. I pretty much can't play games that blink for no reason.
    There have been some MMOs I can't play because they'd have blinking chat windows that you can't exit out of it can't disable the blinking (Tabula Rasa was one).

I'm pretty certain I'm not alone at all here. If someone blinks it should only be for a moment to get attention, not blink non stop.
    Same for me. Atleast give us a way to turn animation of items off.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    i dont think "i have diagnosed myself with some obscure condition" is a valid reason for why valve should change it

The only thing that should blink (if any) is Divine Rapier, gem, and Aegis. If valve is going to make Radiance blink these should too.

Only Blink dagger should blink!