171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

131 76.61%
  • No

40 23.39%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Movespeed should be displayed without "+"

No.

I want to remember and memorize all the starting movespeeds. Really. That would shmuck me up. Hard. It isn't that bugging, anyway. I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    That's actually the same I suggested, just in other words .

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toasted View Post
    That's actually the same I suggested, just in other words .
    Mine also includes Euls and any possible item that grants extra flat ms.

I agree, we should not have to mentally add numbers for total movespeed.

Basic Member
    lets say our ms is 350, if we get an item gives 70 ms, it should be like this;
    420 (70)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrid View Post
    420 (70)
    Yes, love your suggestion.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittlesAreYum View Post
    Good luck calculating something like 350 + 63 while under stress.
    Are you even serious ? So you check your MS constatly while chasing someone ? Just look at it when you get a MS item and memorize it...imo it is more important to know what 12 % form Manta actually give you or 5 % from drums etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrid View Post
    420 (70)
    Agreed.

Basic Member
    all stats should show the total IMHO.

One of the problems with displaying movespeed is handling all the necessary information in a detailed yet aesthetically simple manner. Your hero's base movespeed, static and percentage based item bonuses, static and percentage based buffs/debuffs, and the total movespeed with all of these applied are all important things to be known at certain times. And I think the best way to display it all would be in a style similar to one I saw while browsing the "Suggestion Summary" sticky thread.

I'll use Razor for this example.
    While not affected by a movement speed debuff (like Frost Arrows or Gush), it would look like this:
    295+145

...assuming level 4 Unstable Current, Power Treads, and a Sange and Yasha (24% increase on a 355 constant movespeed)

Now if you were slowed by Gush (40%), it would now look like this:
    440-176

I believe this provides enough information available at a glance in each case, considering that, in a less stressful situation, you could simply mouse-over any buffs, debuffs, and items to determine exactly how much each is affecting you. Example 1 provides your net movespeed, showing below it your base speed added to all benefits from items, abilities, and auras. This is what would show when you are moving at your maximum current movespeed (i.e. there is nothing currently hindering you). Example 2 provides (again) your net movespeed, showing below it your maximum movespeed subtracted by the sum of all hindrances currently affecting you. This is what would show when you are being slowed by something, and how much of your maximum possible movespeed you are losing. In both cases, the main number shows your current speed. The only problem with this would be "what shows when you're trapped by something like Entangle?" Well since when you are standing still by choice the first example would obviously show, and since seeing a big fat zero over "440-440" is simply redundant, the first example should probably be the one to show unless you are also being affected by debuffs like Gush, in which case the second example should show. Now, the main number shows the speed at which you'll move as soon as the root is complete. Complicated, yes, but I think it would be effective for those quick at-a-glance calculations.

And though this is probably a separate suggestion, they could probably split the mouse-over text into three sections (Attack, Armor, Movement) and add an expanded expression complete with the proper colors. (or I suppose they could simply add a complete movement speed expression to the current tooltip, with each term responsible for a constant benefit/hindrance, and possibly a multiplicative list of the current applied percentage modifiers in addition.

*breath*

tl;dr - See those two big colored numbers above? That's what it should look like. Only show the red one when slowed. If rooted, show the first one unless also affected by a slow.