Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Symmetrical UI round 2: Photoshop edition.

Basic Member
    I really like the bottom part of this new HUD you made (4th). I actually did not like the rocky design before, but now when I can see it from another perspective it looks really great! I would love it Valve made the buttom HUD like this, but I prefer the current upper part of the HUD better than this one.

Awesome! Anyway item box still looks awful.
    sry for my english :c

Basic Member
    +1000

But update your other thread with this so more people see

Basic Member
    OMG dude this is phenomenal!!!!!!! I cant believe that so many random dudes here are doing better job at this kinda stuff then most of the Valve employees.

If I could choose between your HUD and the current one i would go with yours no matter what. Great job, I hope Valve will actually use this.

Basic Member
    This is really good, it looks clean and organized. I just think the stats panel should be redone (the old one was really good), but that's up to valve.

ui-mockup5.jpg

I couldn't probably do better but I got to go home now and play guild wars 2.

I'm also a big fan of symmetry. Looks nice with a bit more tweaks by the devs of course.

BTW, I prefer the bar all the way across the top. That's still symmetrical and looks better to me. Having floating pieces looks weird to me, especially in those round shapes you've done.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Mockup 5 is great. Old stats bar was way better then this current one, and you really made it all look awesome. I really like the items on the far right, with courier and fortify icons on the top (ofcourse, fortify should be resized to fit the picture, but its great. Most of the players use the key shortcut for tower gliph anyway.

As far as the top bar goes. I agree that rounded corners look awkward, but if they were cut like the middle part, it would look awesome. I still very like that the top bar reveals some of the map, and that it isn't made from 1 solid part.
    Last edited by nara; 04-27-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: adding new paragraph

Banned
    Son, I am proud your mockup 4 looks really really good! I hope Valve will see this. Somehow your version makes the rock theme look nicer aswell. With this hud there would ecen be space for name + title above the hero stats. Gives me good hope!

I don't like the stats of mockup 5 though.
    Last edited by Timbonator; 04-27-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanevans View Post
    Attachment 5406

Thoughts?
    God bless you, son.
    I really, really hope Valve reads this thread and implements something very similar to this