Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "LEVEL UP" button has gotten me killed 5 times!

"LEVEL UP" button has gotten me killed 9 times!

The golden "LEVEL UP" button should not intrude/obscure the combat area of the screen, because I've died 9 times (I've played ~265 games)

Instead it needs to overlap the hero's portrait... Make it "flash" between the transparency values of 40% and 80%, having a 1.5 second interval: so every 1.5 seconds the golden "LEVEL UP" signal will appear to flash on your heroes portrait (thus drawing the player's attention to it).

EDIT: April 29th, it's been a long time since the button has gotten me killed, I think whatever was causing it is now fixed, or I'm just subliminally aware of how to prevent it; nevertheless I think it's a problem of the past, and with the introduction of the new HUD, I think this topic has served its purpose.
    Last edited by Acid Snow; 04-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.

I found that hotkeying my level ups is much easier and faster. Hold CTRL + whatever key you want. Q W E R. I also changed my stats hotkey from U to Z so everything is nice and easy to level up quickly to move that damn annoying level up process.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzyman View Post
    I found that hotkeying my level ups is much easier and faster. Hold CTRL + whatever key you want. Q W E R. I also changed my stats hotkey from U to Z so everything is nice and easy to level up quickly to move that damn annoying level up process.
    Ok... what about when you level up in a heat of battle? HUD is too big as it is, and when level up button apears it goes even larger. I myself never actually died cuz of it, but I guess it can happen.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Gen3sis View Post
    what about when you level up in a heat of battle? HUD is too big as it is, and when level up button apears it goes even larger.
    That brings up another problem I have with the Level Up system: even after ~80 games, I still sometimes wonder if I'm in the "upgrade section," or if I'm just gunna cast my spells... There's not enough of a visual cue to tell me which-is-which; really annoying. The cursor with the + sign, just doesn't help, because it's all gold, and all looks the same. It def needs work.

I agree with the OP, just giving him a small window of help how things are atm to counter it somewhat. It's never gotten me killed but I can see the fault of how it is currently displayed. It's made me miss leveling my lvl 11 ultimate though since I try to make that thing go away as fast as possible at times.
    Last edited by Nerzyman; 01-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Basic Member
    I pretty much agree with OP. The level up button is a real pain in a team battle or chasing. I support OP's suggestion aswell, it would fit nicely imo.

Yeah, the level-up system is pretty poor right now in my opinion, I prefer HoN's, LoL's, and even DotA1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzyman View Post
    This is pretty much what you have to do.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.

Basic Member
    agreed with OP

the upgrade button is just way too annoying.

Basic Member
    Personally I haven't had any issues with this.
    But I agree that it should be remade into something less in-your-face,

Basic Member
    Absolutely agree, I even suggested something similar not too long ago, http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=13589.