View Poll Results: What's your position now on the icons?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I still generally don't like them.

58 41.73%
  • I liked them from the start.

43 30.94%
  • I'm beginning to like/get used to them.

38 27.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: After some time, how many of you are now satisfied with the icons?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HS_Samurai View Post
    Are you crazy? Valve still did not change anything for these 2 days (except vladmir's offering and boosters)... icons for satanic, desolator and rapier is still very ugly. So I will not vote for a stupid poll... when Valve redraw this icons and then we discuss it. Most important thing is not done.
    Actually, they made some pretty big changes and cleaned up most of the icons to people's suggestion. Like said by vladhood, a lot of people just seem to have not gotten used to the icons. At first, I was disappointed, but then they made the dark icons brighter, added the glow to the Mask of Madness, changed Vladimir's to green, switched the on/off states to their proper orientation, and so on on, and then most importantly, I got used to them and learned to recognize which is which. I then started liking them way more than the old ones.

Basic Member
    I liked them from the start

Basic Member
    Even thought the poll looks quite equal atm, the icons are too flashy. The old icons looked realistic which made the game not so flashy.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
    Even thought the poll looks quite equal atm, the icons are too flashy. The old icons looked realistic which made the game not so flashy.
    realistic ? it looks like corrugated fiberboard or plastic

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kirves View Post
    Actually, they made some pretty big changes and cleaned up most of the icons to people's suggestion. Like said by vladhood, a lot of people just seem to have not gotten used to the icons. At first, I was disappointed, but then they made the dark icons brighter, added the glow to the Mask of Madness, changed Vladimir's to green, switched the on/off states to their proper orientation, and so on on, and then most importantly, I got used to them and learned to recognize which is which. I then started liking them way more than the old ones.
    Yes, they have changed a lot for the better, but the most important changes have not yet made​​, is still to come. Look at the forum, most people wrote that they like the new icons (as I), but some icons need to completely change / make new ones (such as satanic and rapier, totally all do not like these 2 icons.) Also, many more will require additional drawings (skadi, armlet, messer. river...). It is too early to sum up.

I still don't get wtf has an eye on divine.

Basic Member
    you really cant say if they look realistic or not... you're talking like you know how aghanim's scepter look in real life, so you can judge if the in-game look is realistic enough

i hated new icons at the beginning, but after they cleaned the look, and made icons brighter, i love them much more.

I used to like them some was like... it's ok but it dosn't have the best image some items were better and now some items are better but I think you should put interface packs in options that would be great and for people who like touching everything and having their own style then can pick items from one interface and from another the thing is that you have to put all this in options and it's a hard work but I think it's the best option for items, so everybody is going to have the items they like.. btw it's just visual I love dota...

DotA make us a family so Let's keep this forum polite.
    Check my channel I do dota videos and more
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PablitoYo11

Basic Member
    PLZ give us the old items back!
    These new items just look like they came all from hell, the colours and the font is just bad.

I hope you will just take a step back towards the old icons. It would have been 1000 times better if u just reworked the old icons like some of the items (perserverence, oblivion staff ...)

plz !!!

It'd be really cool if we had the option to switch elements of the UI on our own. Or maybe just revert to old. Overall, i like the new ui (at least it using less space), i just dislike how seeing your gold is slightly harder, and k/d is in the WRONG SPACE.

Mostly though, the items blow now.

Literally, satanic is a demonic piece of bacon.