Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassinate doesn't give true sight

Basic Member

Assassinate doesn't give true sight

Assassinate doesn't give true sight. Replicable via riki going invis and disjointing the sniper ult or just use of lothars.

Basic Member
    Just played a game with sniper and found about this bug. Using assesinate on invisible units ended on missing the ultimate. Like i tried to assesinate a riki a couple times on low hp and once he turned invisible it just missed (since the cast time on my ult) Also did that once on a juggernaut with lothars. he dodged the assesinate by using lothar.

Okay, did the projectile flew first and he used lothars? Cause this is an important point. If you assassinite him and he used lothars while you are still channeling, the assassinite will surely hit.

Basic Member
    It does not hit any invisible units atm, riki, weaver, lothars etc..

Basic Member
    hmm?
    first of all it never gave truesight from what i recall in dota1. it hits even in invis, but it doesnt give vision tho.
    are u sure riki/jugger didnt dodge it with blink/bladefury? its not a homing spell, so u can dodge it with many things.
    it might be possible to dodge it while the projectile is flying using lothars before it hits.

It's working correctly atm, Assassinate can hit invisible units, but you can evade it with invis abilities like shukuchi or Shadow Blade if you activate it once the projectile is launched. If you go invis while you are aimed at the bullet will surely hit you.

like op said, im pretty sure its working as intended.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    It's working correctly atm, Assassinate can hit invisible units, but you can evade it with invis abilities like shukuchi or Shadow Blade if you activate it once the projectile is launched. If you go invis while you are aimed at the bullet will surely hit you.
    That's not working correctly though, lest you want to stray from how it worked in DotA 1 and is intended to work in accordance to the hero pages on PlayDotA.com.

Allow me to quote;
    • Invisibility doesn't affect the effect of this skill.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    I am pretty sure you're wrong on this one Chair. To my knowledge, in DotA 1 the only ways to dodge assassinate are to either get out of range, have magic immunity or blink while the projectile is mid-air, not stealth while mid-air. I noticed on a few occasions already that targets would not be hit by assassinate when they definitely should. It was cool when it saved my own life, though. I dodged assassination with Rikimaru's Permanent Invisibility

Basic Member
    You can force staff too in DotA 1.