Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible rivalry dialogue?

Basic Member

Possible rivalry dialogue?

TBH i'm not sure if this goes here but i had some ideas for rivalries between heroes
    Luna - Mirana
    Dark Seer - Keeper of the Light (also Keeper can hate other alien entities like Enigma and Spectre)
    Grand Magus - Invoker
    Natures Prophet / Rooftrellen - Shredder
    Siren - Slark
    Legion Commander - Axe
    as far as actual lines go, i could come up with a couple
    (Luna to Mirana) The moon favors me, and me alone, Princess. / I've lived in your shadow, you can die in mine.
    (Dark Seer to Keeper) Your attempts to kill me have burned yourself out. / Ignorance and failure go hand and hand Ezalor.
    (Keeper to Dark Seer) The Alien darkness leaves this world at last. / The light burns your Alien Heresy to Sparks.
    (Magus to Invoker) My father would like to have a word with you. / Your arsenal finds a new home, Carl.
    (Invoker to Magus) Like father like son, Fallen to the master. (i'm really not sure if Invoker killed Ags) / The supposed "Best" meets his end to the true.
    (Legion Commander to Axe) Fall to the blade that slew your comrades Axe. / History is written by the victors Axe, your name knows no lips henceforth.
    (Shredder to Natures Prophet) Your sacred grove hosts the best wood to the best bidder!
    (Shredder to Rooftrellen) I bet once Living Wood will fetch a high price
    (Siren to Slark) Unstable magics are a danger to all Slark. / You lust for power, let power show you your fate. / The healing process begins in purgatory.
    (Slark to Siren) Sea snake! see the power of the swamp! / You no can see, Slark will show the way.
    i also noticed Drow has no lines for Windrunner
    (Traxex to Windrunner) The battlefield is no place to do your hair, Windrunner. / Sloppy. / Ugly style Alleria (Lyralei).
    feel free to critique / throw more lines out

Anyone else think that Invoker should berate Warlock for needing a grimoire for his spells?

While this does belong to a different thread, and some of the lines are good and some are bad, but...
    Fall to the blade that slew your comrades Axe.
    Axe killed his comrades himself.

And I really don't like the idea of Rubick being Aghanim's son.
    ---
    Great idea on Warlock, by the way.

Basic Member
    (nevermore to sul keeper) you do not deserve the name soul keeper!/I collect your soul, keeper./I am the only, the TRUE Soul collector!
    (pitlord (or whatever he will be named, pit demon?) to slardar) the deep seas are not as abyssal as the pit you fall into now!/Not even the deep seas will be spared by the demonic fires, falling from the skies!
    (pitlord to pudge) Ah pudge! Your massive body will prove usefull to me!/Guess who got the bigger blade! (in case he still wields his dual sword)

more will follow

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    While this does belong to a different thread, and some of the lines are good and some are bad, but...

Axe killed his comrades himself.

And I really don't like the idea of Rubick being Aghanim's son.
    ---
    Great idea on Warlock, by the way.

" In battle after battle he proved his worth through gory deed." "Through the seven year Campaign of the Thousand Tarns, he distinguished himself in glorious carnage, his star of fame shining ever brighter, while the number of comrades in arms steadily dwindled. "
    not exactly, obviously battles were fought during his time in the Red Mist army, and who's not to say that ultimately it was Tresdins legion that put the Red Mist to rest? it could be a throwback to the battle of tours when Charles Martel ended the islamic onslaught
    and the line in axes' lore "On the night of ultimate victory, Axe declared himself the new Red Mist General, and took on the ultimate title of 'Axe.' But his troops now numbered zero." i think the "ultimate victory" is referring too Axes' not the Red Mist army in general as in "Axes' ultimate victory was when he killed his last comrade and declared himself general

general as in "Axes' ultimate victory was when he killed his last comrade and declared himself general
    Well, what I thought was that it's heavily implied that his army suffered more losses at the hand of its' leader than the enemy troops.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Anyone else think that Invoker should berate Warlock for needing a grimoire for his spells?
    That's a good one. I also think that Invoker should have rival lines (As far as I know he never says any himself), but never refer to his enemy by name nor title.

Basic Member
    IMO...the rivalry should fall into Radiant hero vs Dire hero
    my own rivalries and their lines..
    >Anti-Mage/Soul Keeper (brother, I have failed my mission to redeem you/you were always the prodigy i wanted to be, now I've taken your place)
    >Juggernaut/Axe (taste my blade!!! hahahahaha/stay down, my blade is more sharper)
    >Omniknight/Abbadon (finally! your corruption being cured/wretched fool, my blade hungers)
    >Shadow Shaman/Witch Doctor (haa!!, the last one dancing is me, hahahaha/oh my, my single ward is more deadly than yours)
    >Tiny/Sand King (your sands are too main stream to take me down!!/finally, the big boulderhead falls)
    >riki/slark (your smoke is too revealing/who's the assasin now?)
    >slithice/medusa (feel the beauty of death medusa/I was beautiful like you once, now feel my pain)
    >vengeful/mortred (my vengeance shall prevail/die again from your second birth)
    >Tusk/Magnus (you dashed into the wrong snow magnus/Punch my horns and i'll punch you back)
    >davion/skeleton king (i never knew,kings ain't great after all/be glad pathetic knight, you fell from the hands of a king)
    >Jakiro/winter wyvern (two dragons can't fly in one sky. make that three, your ignoring me/my ice are colder jakiro, I'm talking to the ice one)
    >Chen/Shadow demon (I never knew exorcism is quite fun/foolish knight, if you only followed me you)
    >traxex/clinkz (your are are fast but mine was stronger/I'm impress, your hot for an ice lady)
    >Syllabear/Lycan (your wolves needs some hug mutt/I hate bears, specially shapeshifting bears)
    >Phantom lancer/meepo (2 of you? that's cute/this ain't one-on-one anymore)
    >troll/faceless (sorry I'm not good at remembering faces/you never should have approach me)
    >alchemist/night stalker (night isn't scary after all.what about day?/still, better love story than twilight)

Basic Member
    "I guess light CAN escape a blackhole enigma!"
    Kotl killing enigma

Basic Member
    Some of these.. you obviously don't know much about lore. Like the salrk ones, he wasn't from a swamp, he was from the deep sea too. And shredder doesn't sell wood, he kills trees because he's too afraid of them.