Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fog of War

maybe you went till the point you clicked and then got vision again and auto attack followed him.

Basic Member
    Agreed, juking seems very different in Dota 2.

This shouldn't happen in any way, when targeted enemy hero enters fog your hero should stop completely, this is a VERY IMPORTANT factor in jukes. Also theres need to exist a delay in fog revelation, something around 0.2~0.3 sec, not instantly as it is now.
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 05-14-2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Maverick Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    I think the key deference is:
    - in dota1, right click on enemy -> enemy goes in to fog (you lose vision) -> your hero stops
    - in dota2, right click on enemy -> enemy goes in to fog (you lose vision) -> your hero moves to the point where the enemy was in chase mode -> if your hero gains vision again, it will act like you have right clicked on enemy again. repeat.
    Yes, I've noticed this. Often I've fired with a hero like Mirana on someone disappearing into fog when I feel like she should not have made that last shot in Dota1, or in Dota1 I would have had to chase a little further to get the last shot.

Also, it seems 'target acquiring' is virtually instant in Dota2 compared to Dota1, as you mentioned. But it is actually more powerful than that because it pertains to spells as well as the auto-attack ground command. There were many instances where I saw a hero appear and disappear from fog for a split second but I still got the shot off, where Dota1 the hero would merely turn but wouldn't have made the shot. The same thing happened with spells, where I clicked to cast but lost sight and suddenly regained sight about 1 second later, then the spell fired immediately for the kill; surprising even myself.

These are the very reasons I advocate leaving auto-attack on because you acquire targets and land hits that would be too fast to humanly do otherwise.

If someone were to devise a autocast targetting hook into the game, it would give a pronounced advantage similar to what bots have. If you run into a Sven bot and collide from fog, he will stun you first pretty much every time. I feel the outcome would definitely be less one-sided in a Dota1 setting against the same Sven bot.

I would agree and it also seems these issues are compounded by fog lifting slightly more quickly and in larger 'bursts'.

But I won't necessarily argue that Dota1's fog was better or worse than Dota2's because this does increase the pace of micro significantly and could very well be intended to make the game more competitive. This kind of makes the game more offensive and less defensive in these scenarios, which I can see arguments for and against on both sides. But like me leaving auto-attack on, on purpose, the faster fog will be adaptable in many ways to players that can find the ways. More room for error = more room for skill.
    Last edited by poogs; 05-14-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Banned
    I support ur post i felt the same today, while i was watching wodota.
    You can't do such things in dota2 that's fucking horrible and sad for the dota players...
    Great that there some players who noticed this.
    I hope for some changes in the future, it's a part of DotA man don't fuck it up valve :/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    I think the key deference is:
    - in dota1, right click on enemy -> enemy goes in to fog (you lose vision) -> your hero stops
    - in dota2, right click on enemy -> enemy goes in to fog (you lose vision) -> your hero moves to the point where the enemy was in chase mode -> if your hero gains vision again, it will act like you have right clicked on enemy again. repeat.
    This means i can not use a ramp to juke someone anymore because they dont have to give a new attack order?

sidenote: you run up the ramp. wait at the top for the guy who is chasing you. In the moment he starts running up the ramp you run down the ramp. The enemy can see what happened in the moment he is at the top of the ramp and now has to react and do a new move order.

New mech makes this useless because you will turn around instant. The old one had delay and also reaction speed involved. I am against the new attack order by computer mechanic(why have humans involved when stuff like this happens?). You must have to do this on your own. Playing support is hard enough there is no need to make it even harder.
    Please give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by ohne_caps View Post
    This means i can not use a ramp to juke someone anymore because they dont have to give a new attack order?

sidenote: you run up the ramp. wait at the top for the guy who is chasing you. In the moment he starts running up the ramp you run down the ramp. The enemy can see what happened in the moment he is at the top of the ramp and now has to react and do a new move order.

New mech makes this useless because you will turn around instant. The old one had delay and also reaction speed involved. I am against the new attack order by computer mechanic(why have humans involved when stuff like this happens?). You must have to do this on your own. Playing support is hard enough there is no need to make it even harder.
    Please give it back!
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the 'target lock through fog' either

Banned
    Icefrog has said this was a wc3 engine limitation. Ganking made easier is mostly better for dota.

Quote Originally Posted by Voireon View Post
    Icefrog has said this was a wc3 engine limitation. Ganking made easier is mostly better for dota.
    Ganking made easier? huh??

It means killing made easier, it means removing a important tool experienced players use frequently and an HUGE advantage over the ones who don't know how to use it. If you want a simplified game,League of Legends its the way to go(sorry if i sounded rude but i couldnt put this in another words).
    Maverick Hunter.

Yes. I would like to ask a moderator to highlight this thread to icefrog please. I think these types of things concerns to him.
    Maverick Hunter.