Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Fog of War

So you want to make even harder for heroes that are squishy and have no escape mechanisms to have a chance of surviving? the main objective of this thread was to report inconsistency, gameplay and meta changes should be discussed with the dev team. You should post on the suggestion forum on play dota for them to make fog mechanics easier from there.

To make it clear for everyone: i want a FIX, not a CHANGE. Currently in dota 2 fog mechanics is a lot diferent from dota 1, so i was just reporting inconsistency. Save your arguments on changing the mechanics for the Suggestion forum on PD, i dont want to hear it ty. Here for the lazy: http://www.playdota.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 06-12-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Maverick Hunter.

I was merely commenting on the people complaining the changed fog is now for casuals. There is inconsistency in saying by making something harder it is now for casuals. harder =/= casual

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion~ View Post
    I was merely commenting on the people complaining the changed fog is now for casuals. There is inconsistency in saying by making something harder it is now for casuals. harder =/= casual
    obviously theres two sides of the coin, i dont think the chaser must have any kind of advantage, as in dota 1 they dont. and i can't see logic behind your arguments either. I just want the fog to be the same it is in dota 1 =)
    Maverick Hunter.

I can juke properly in Dota2 and I see no purpose in this thread.

It is different, but it is a LOT better now. In wc3 it was pretty retarded that you would sometimes chase someone and then suddenly stop for no reason...

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Quote Originally Posted by Luffydude View Post
    I can juke properly in Dota2 and I see no purpose in this thread.

It is different, but it is a LOT better now. In wc3 it was pretty retarded that you would sometimes chase someone and then suddenly stop for no reason...
    You must play low level games.
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    Dude u tried to make it in critical bug thread and it was closed, i 100% back u up upon this
    but i dont think its a major issue to iceforg and valve, ofc its major for us, who thinks that its ridiculous that a hero continue to follow his enemie in fog even if he dosent have vision.
    the thing is, if u rly think about it, u will know that their is a flaw, coz from my point when i attack a hero and this hero goes to fog and i lose vision my hero should not follow coz i lost vision on the thing that i issue order for, i didnt click on the ground to make my hero goes from point to point i clicked on a hero that is not their anymore when i was trying to reach him.

this is a vid that clearly adress this issue ( from my point of view) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTKUsWIA8g

u see that drow just issue one attack order and she follow DK around the map (by simply just one click).

I see no difference in breaking acquisition with fog since I always used attack-move and animation cancelling anyway in DotA1, so that even though they go up the ramp, my hero automatically follows and auto acquires anyway.

As for auto acquiring in general, I think it's pretty dumb that an enemy hero hero will reacquire its target even though said target used manta. Or maybe that's just me and I am extremely unlucky.

I've also noticed tbat weird follow through mechanic where units will hit enemies out of normal range if they've completed enough of their animation. Now THAT's annoying...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invoqwer View Post
    I see no difference in breaking acquisition with fog since I always used attack-move and animation cancelling anyway in DotA1, so that even though they go up the ramp, my hero automatically follows and auto acquires anyway.

As for auto acquiring in general, I think it's pretty dumb that an enemy hero hero will reacquire its target even though said target used manta. Or maybe that's just me and I am extremely unlucky.

I've also noticed tbat weird follow through mechanic where units will hit enemies out of normal range if they've completed enough of their animation. Now THAT's annoying...
    as u said u use attack-move, in oreder to follow ur enemie and dont lose sight of him, now u dont need to make it hard on ur self u just click ONCE on ur enemie and ur hero will do the rest by following him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Dude u tried to make it in critical bug thread and it was closed, i 100% back u up upon this
    but i dont think its a major issue to iceforg and valve, ofc its major for us, who thinks that its ridiculous that a hero continue to follow his enemie in fog even if he dosent have vision.
    the thing is, if u rly think about it, u will know that their is a flaw, coz from my point when i attack a hero and this hero goes to fog and i lose vision my hero should not follow coz i lost vision on the thing that i issue order for, i didnt click on the ground to make my hero goes from point to point i clicked on a hero that is not their anymore when i was trying to reach him.

this is a vid that clearly adress this issue ( from my point of view) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTKUsWIA8g

u see that drow just issue one attack order and she follow DK around the map (by simply just one click).
    WOW DUDE, thanks!!! you have really helped me making that video, thats perfectly illustrates the problem to everyone here saying "i can juke fine" . NO YOU CANT. Watch that video, fog is broken right now and need fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTKUsWIA8g
    Maverick Hunter.

Cant find a difference in dota 2 at all, first of all when you are trying to follow a juker in DotA you would a move on the ground, somewhere in the juke spot, this gives the exact same behavior you described.

If you right clicked on the hero it would get cancelled, thats why if you had even the slightest understanding of WC3 Engine you would A-Move. (Would occasionally attack through fog).