Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fog of War

Fog of War

Well, i'm no expert in this game, nor in its thecnical parts just as where it should be fog or not BUT, as very good fog user(juker) i REALLY feel fog in Dota 2 is far diferent from dota 1.
    I was watching WoDota today and realized such jukes just wouldnt happen in dota 2, the most critical issue right now i think its on the Normal attack of a ranged pulling off even if i go in fog, that should definitely not happen.

Overall i think fog still needs a LOT of work, mby the pros could help about it....?

Anyone feels the same? i cant tell specifically whats wrong but yeah, juking in dota 2 is nothing like in dota 1. and i prefered dota 1's way.

EDIT: User Moe made a video showing exactly what happens when someone try to juke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTKUsWIA8g

I noticed that TARGET SKILLS cancels perfectly over fog, maybe if auto-hits mechanics were adjusted to cancel the same way should fix it.
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 06-24-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Maverick Hunter.

Am i really the only one to notice this?? wow.
    Maverick Hunter.

Coming from an LOL playing background I can not add any viable in-put since I never played Dota. Although I do have an issue with the fog of war in Dota2 compared to LOL.I just can not seem to get my finger on it. I will keep playing to see if i can pin point it.

Basic Member
    I think there's a longer time of Heros chasing you into fog after a ranged attack resulting in jukes being harder to do. It's not overly noticeable though.

I think the key deference is:
    - in dota1, right click on enemy -> enemy goes in to fog (you lose vision) -> your hero stops
    - in dota2, right click on enemy -> enemy goes in to fog (you lose vision) -> your hero moves to the point where the enemy was in chase mode -> if your hero gains vision again, it will act like you have right clicked on enemy again. repeat.

I noticed too the time taken to a fog to be revealed as you walk in. In dota 1 it had something like Half a second for you to actually reaveal it, making possible those "go in then come out" jukes, as in dota 2 its pretty much instant. I think this and the chase on fog (like CvP stated) are the most noticeable ones.
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 05-03-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Maverick Hunter.

I think both changes are for the good. Juking is still ok and new players wont go "WTF?!" when their hero suddenly stops while chasing.

Oh do you think so? i think we lost like 50% potencial to escape using jukes. ALSO, the attack firing AFTER the hero enters on fog its a visible bug. The reveal time too could be adjusted, i dont think new players will even notice that.

Also this is a very advanced mechanic that IMO should be mantained from the old W3 engine. You can call me elitist but yeah, i think jukes its a very pleasent way to outplay someone.
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    Agreed. At the moment it's much harder to juke against high movementspeed enemies because they can just right-click you and sit back. In DotA1 they would have to actively pursue you through the trees.

Today i rightclicked an enemey hero as Spectre and my hero just followed him trough the fog.....andi havent even used spectral dagger... rly something is wrong here.
    Maverick Hunter.