Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Data Files

Quote Originally Posted by EmblemLord View Post
    Found this in the items text document under Manta. According to PlayDota, the melee illusions should take 350% damage and ranged illusions 400%.
    I think this is a tooltip issue, although a couple of other illusion based abilities are wrong if Manta is right. Will be fixed for next update. Thanks for catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceFrog View Post
    Where did you see morphling as 0.4 turn rate?
    I have no clue. Looking again, it is indeed .6, I have no clue which hero I was looking at.

Could you explain a bit more about AttackAcquisitionRange? I want to check over all the values, but I really don't know how it works and where there is a list.

And is there any file that has info on buff placers? I know there are things like the Haste rune making the unit move at max move speed and not being a 100% speed buff.

For more issues, both Brewmaster and Spirit Breaker have .25 base HP regen and not .75, and Shadow Fiend and Lone Druid have .25 instead of .5
    Last edited by Drkirby; 05-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.

I was trying to see if Axe's regeneration is correct so I found he had this

// Status
    //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "StatusHealthRegen" "2" // Health regeneration rate.
    Then I looked Juggernaught and he had

// Status
    //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "StatusHealthRegen" "0.75" // Health regeneration rate.

Earthshaker however doesn't have this. I thought all melee had more hp regen

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Nope. Just got done looking though them:
    for most heroes in DotA it's 0.25 (Exceptions: Axe has 2, Gondar, Faceless Void, Juggernaut, Krobelus, Naga Siren, Spiritbreaker, Stealth Assassin, Venomancer, Pandaren Brewmaster and Phantom Lancer have 0.75, Shadow Fiend and Lone Druid have 0.5
    Ok, here are a few of things I am not sure on

Should Sniper's Assassinate have a Buffer of 600? I can't find anything that says it should, and it is the only skill to not have the defalut.

And should the defalut 250? I'm seeing both 250 and 300 cited as the Motion Buffer Range of spells, but haven't found anything official.

Should Lion's and Shadow Shaman's Voodoo be instant?

Also, a small note, it says "Bane Friends Grip" for the ability name and not "Bane Fiend's Grip"
    Last edited by Drkirby; 05-04-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkirby View Post
    Nope. Just got done looking though them:

Ok, here are a few of things I am not sure on

Should Sniper's Assassinate have a Buffer of 600? I can't find anything that says it should, and it is the only skill to not have the defalut.

And should the defalut 250? I'm seeing both 250 and 300 cited as the Motion Buffer Range of spells, but haven't found anything official.

Should Lion's and Shadow Shaman's Voodoo be instant?

Also, a small note, it says "Bane Friends Grip" for the ability name and not "Bane Fiend's Grip"
    As far as I know, assassinate has the same buffer range of 300 as any other spell in D1. Due to the nature of assassinate, I can't say if 600 is intended or not in D2 though.

The default should be 300.

Hex spells ignore cast point, so yes they should be instant.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Force Staff Cast Range: "AbilityCastRange" "600"

Playdota says 800. Watched through some changelogs and didn't find anything about it, so there may be a problem. Always felt like it was shorter than in DotA, but may just be my mind playing a trick on me.

Thanks for everything you guys found so far

Morph: Mistake on Playdotas part, nevermind. Hero page updated the +5 Agility, but didn't change the Base Damage Values.

Beastmaster: Has 31-35 base damage in the .txt, playdota + DotA suggests 33-37
    Placeholder: Will edit when I find something.

Templer Asassin: (Not in the game yet, but can't hurt to prevent bugs when she already is in the files) Has 20-26 base damage in the .txt, playdota + DotA suggest 30-36
    Last edited by BLABLAFU; 05-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    Morph: Mistake on Playdotas part, nevermind. Hero page updated the +5 Agility, but didn't change the Base Damage Values.

Placeholder: Will edit when I find something.

Templer Asassin: (Not in the game yet, but can't hurt to prevent bugs when she already is in the files) Has 20-26 base damage in the .txt, playdota + DotA suggest 30-36
    Safer if you don't edit post after you write the first time, I may miss it that way.

Spirit Breaker: Has base int of 15, playdota + DotA .73c say 14.

Brewmaster: File says 138 Attack Range, has 128 in DotA.

Not a whole lot, but at least I went through everything (except for Turn rates and that stuff, as DrKirby did that last page already)

Everyone is gladly invited to go through the file by themselves to point out things I may have missed.....but make sure you have a lot of time.

Is it needed to go through the ability file? I figured people would have reported things already if something was wrong.
    Last edited by BLABLAFU; 05-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.