Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why the new icons are not an improvement, simple is better.

Basic Member
    how the hell are the new icons '3D'?

do you guys even know the meaning of 3D?

the new icons are still 2 dimensional. they should have 3 dimensions if they are to be in '3D'.

Quote Originally Posted by doucheplayer View Post
    how the hell are the new icons '3D'?

do you guys even know the meaning of 3D?

the new icons are still 2 dimensional. they should have 3 dimensions if they are to be in '3D'.
    Do you even know the meaning of context? In this context, the use of 3D is in reference to the style of the drawings. The objects are drawn in a three dimensional way. Just like if you made a 3D model, snapped an image of it and made it into an icon. It might not be an actual 3D image, but the style is 3D.
    D̶̪̏̇͛͂̈̊̏O̬͉̱̭̤̐ͤ͝T̥̼̗̦̯͙ͣ͐ͮͨ͛̐Ä̩̣̖̘̖͍̹͐ͮ̊ͣ̆̎ ̗͖̘̲̝͔̅͐̀̎͗͌̐2̢̔̄ͭ̋͌̾

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sYs View Post
    I LIKE THE NEW ICONS
    Maybe let's just port w3 dota into new engine with all old models and icons? Seriously - these threads.

Some icons need to be reworked - yes - example satanic and buriza - but still (: that's just some

Did I say port WC 3 ? I don't believe I did, the original dota 2 item icons were not ported from WC3 they were all different, although some obviously similar. My point is that I like my item icons to be simple, not intricate works of art. The icon image should serve it's purpose, to identify quickly and efficiently the items while fitting the art style of the game. The new icons fail to do just that.

As I said before, the icons try to hard and in the end are worse off for the purpose they serve.

Comparing them visually the majority of the new icons do look better artistically, but practically (as in: in practice) the old simple icons are much better suited then the new ones.

Kakkoi don't waste your time with someone who has douche in their username lol, although I appreciate the effort