Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Disable Alt-Click Ping when using an Item/Skill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Angry Disable Alt-Click Ping when using an Item/Skill

I think a lot of us set our inventory hotkeys to Alt-Q..Alt-D, HoN like. When I use an item or skill with this settings, and I don't release the Alt key, I make a ping where I use the skill, especially with blink dagger when blinking when about to res, or even tangos (maybe even when pressing the Attack key), I find this annoying because your team thinks you are alerting them, when you are simply forgetting to release the Alt key. Make this the way DotA is.
    Sorry for my English.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lp640 View Post
    I think a lot of us set our inventory hotkeys to Alt-Q..Alt-D, HoN like. When I use an item or skill with this settings, and I don't release the Alt key, I make a ping where I use the skill, especially with blink dagger when blinking when about to res, or even tangos (maybe even when pressing the Attack key), I find this annoying because your team thinks you are alerting them, when you are simply forgetting to release the Alt key. Make this the way DotA is.
    Sorry for my English.
    See the part that I bold? NO.
    If Alt+something overlaps with ping, change YOUR hotkey. You should adjust to the game, not making the game adjust to your personal preferences.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by callizer View Post
    If Alt+something overlaps with ping, change YOUR hotkey. You should adjust to the game, not making the game adjust to your personal preferences.
    A lot of us does not mean most of us, just forget that part xD. In the original dota, you can only ping when not issuing any order (attack-move, patrol, etc), I just want it to be like the original, at least until dota 2 reaches something not achievable with the war3 engine.
    Anyway, I'm sure that if dota 2 becomes highly customizable, most players will love it. As the players have to adapt to the game, the game has to adapt to the players too, and not only because it's on beta phase.
    Last edited by lp640; 05-02-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lp640 View Post
    A lot of us does not mean most of us, just forget that part xD. In the original dota, you can only ping when not issuing any order (attack-move, patrol, etc), I just want it to be like the original, at least until dota 2 reaches something not achievable with the war3 engine.
    Anyway, I'm sure that if dota 2 becomes highly customizable, most players will love it. As the players have to adapt to the game, the game has to adapt to the players too, and not only because it's on beta phase.
    The default for turning on and off an ability in Dota2 is Alt+abilitykey. So it should affect a lot yes, I do this all the time while playing heros like viper or drow ranger, I know I should let go of alt but dont always remember.

Basic Member
    Disagree entirely, if that were the case why even have changeable hotkeys? or preferences, don't like the size of the screen? Deal with it you should be adjusting to the game.

In this case I think being able to change the ping key would be nice (not sure if that's doable already), otherwise disabling ping for a second after using alt + ? for an item, but I think that is probably too much.

Basic Member
    A very simple suggestion that would benefit so many players. I actually can't believe this wasn't included in the last patch.

What crawled up your ass and died?

Why the hell can't we have functional alt + key hotkeys?

Basic Member
    In a game, every single key must be changable. None has to adjust to the game's control keys. That's ridiculous. This is not an atari game.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    This is so annoying and yet so easy to fix. Whenever a ability is selected, say for instance you activated blink dagger in your inventory, the alt click pinging should be disabled, as soon as you use the ability, for instance you click where you want to blink, enable the ping function again.

Easy! i hope