Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [IMG] DOTA2 Items ICON SET Design Comparison CHART

Buriza / Daedalus is a Crossbow. Y u put it besides swords?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_9sky View Post
    Satanic - Well, if everyone thinks so, I'll move it
    Look at one of satanic threads. There will be 2 types of people: the most of them do not like new satanic and trying to show that they can't understand what is it. The others says that it is kind of an axe or corrupted weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by rasielll View Post
    Look at one of satanic threads. There will be 2 types of people: the most of them do not like new satanic and trying to show that they can't understand what is it. The others says that it is kind of an axe or corrupted weapon.
    Ok. Given the benefit of doubt, I will place it beside all the other axes. Well, this will just show how unconventional the santanic looks compared to other axes! Hope Valve realises this!

Quote Originally Posted by radioactivfishy View Post
    Buriza / Daedalus is a Crossbow. Y u put it besides swords?
    It is? Oh, the Diablo reference... ok noted. Without any further references to its type, crossbow seems to fit! Thanks radioactivfishy!

UPDATE!
    ---------
    - Updated icons for Blink dagger and Broad Sword as per 3rd May's update.
    - Moved Daedalus away from swords
    - Changed text Orge 'Axe' to 'Club'
    - Moved Satanic to Weapons
    - Moved Shiva's Guard from Shields to Bodywear
    - Moved Aegis of Immortal from Bodywear to Shields

Overall also rearranged some of the items based on their classifications.

Thanks for the all the wonderful feedback!

Any comments on the new arrangements? Is it better?

Basic Member
    Shouldn't void stone fit in the "orbs, gems & stones" section? It's a stone after all.
    Perhaps you could extend the "potions" section and make it something like "potions and consumables", and you could fit tp scroll, courier and flying courier and wards there, since wards doesn't seem very fitting for "sticks" section.

Hi Matthew, void stone is not a stone. I made the same mistake too. See http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Void_Stone

I prefer not to. The point is to classify the items based on their type and not base on DOTA2 actual layout.
    Making Potions into Potions and Consumable will make it too big and vague a category.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway!

Basic Member
    Players dont instinctively think hmmm I need an AXE! And go and look at the selection of axes. This is not a classic RPG. You have quarter staff, and oblivion staff, and mystic staff, and you have monkey king bar. These are all 'staves' but no one hero would be interested in all of them. Players will not look through the in-game shop grouped by the item's physical type.

Item art in dota is simply a pretty addition to actually improving your statistics (obviously). The game is not designed around the logic of what an item is and what it actually does. Why would a helmet give you lifesteal? Why do two hammers made of mithril become a scythe that can reduce armor? Why does a small golden statue increase your damage by 60?

Grouping of items by:

Impact on agi str and int
    impact on +dmg and +AS
    impact on your attack modifier
    impact on +hp or +mana
    regenerative items
    consumable items
    etc...

You would TAG each item for properties. For instance, manta style would be +AGI, +STR, +INT. Then if someone chooses the +AGI category they would see manta style. The list needs to also be seen as a detailed view format with the ability to filter and sort by cost, name, arbitrary stat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HMAN911 View Post
    Players dont instinctively think hmmm I need an AXE! And go and look at the selection of axes. This is not a classic RPG. You have quarter staff, and oblivion staff, and mystic staff, and you have monkey king bar. These are all 'staves' but no one hero would be interested in all of them. Players will not look through the in-game shop grouped by the item's physical type.

Item art in dota is simply a pretty addition to actually improving your statistics (obviously). The game is not designed around the logic of what an item is and what it actually does. Why would a helmet give you lifesteal? Why do two hammers made of mithril become a scythe that can reduce armor? Why does a small golden statue increase your damage by 60?

Grouping of items by:

Impact on agi str and int
    impact on +dmg and +AS
    impact on your attack modifier
    impact on +hp or +mana
    regenerative items
    consumable items
    etc...

You would TAG each item for properties. For instance, manta style would be +AGI, +STR, +INT. Then if someone chooses the +AGI category they would see manta style. The list needs to also be seen as a detailed view format with the ability to filter and sort by cost, name, arbitrary stat, etc.
    Wow. Geez... this was in no way a replacement for the existing shop layout! LOL.

We are just arranging to to show the consistency of Valve's design of icons and a chart like this will make it easier to spot illogical differences e.g. Satanic compared to other axes , Boots of Elvenskin compared to other Boots.

Please read my first post HMAN911. Guess your suggestions will be better used elsewhere. Thanks anyway.

manta style would be +AGI, +STR, +INT.
    I tried but it is easier said than done. It is not my purpose anyway.
    Last edited by mr_9sky; 05-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.