Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: tournament replays

+1

+1

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    should definitely be implemented. replay watching made dota1 so good. back in eswc 2008, smm 2008, smm 2009, and eswc 2010. it was all over garenatv, and replay sharing, none of that forced streaming. there's so many things that streamers miss, and even if not, i want the freedom to watch what i want.

valve please look into this!

Basic Member
    Making replays available might make business slightly harder for sites like joinDota.com, because a many people would choose to watch the in-game replay rather than the VoD -- and so with fewer viewers, they might get fewer sponsorship deals, and thus host fewer tournaments... and so on.

So the issue is a two-edged blade, but ultimately I think it would be better to save all tournament replays.

Hey, if the sponsorship problem is the main reason for not saving tournament replays, perhaps the tournament organizers could use some kind of system where only paid members get access to the in-game replays or something like that. ie. The host of the game would choose whether the replay was public or not, and they could give private replays to people of their choosing. They might choose to live-stream the game, with commentary and advertising, but then give in-game replay access to paid subscripbers as a bonus. (Such a business model wouldn't possible with the current dota functionality... I'm just brainstorming.)

Basic Member
    necrolyte