Thread: Chen uses an Illusion orb but doesn't say anything?

Chen uses an Illusion orb but doesn't say anything?

I was spectating a game in director mode, then I saw Chen take an illusion orb top at very early game (first creep wave barely spawned) and he didn't say a thing.

I don't know if this is normal, but he should have something to say about it because all heroes are global talking when using a rune.

Valve Developer
    This appears to be a bug with all heroes, I've been trying to find a solid repro for it.

It only happens when picking up an illusion rune. If anyone has more info please post here.

Just happened again with Shadow Assassin. And yes, it was also an illusion rune.

Valve Developer
    I think I found this, keep an eye (ear?) for it happening again.

Something even weirder happened.
    I don't exactly remember if it was an AI match or not, but there was an ES who took an Invisibility rune, but the text, the "rune used" sound AND the ES's voice was output twice in a matter of about 0.50 to 1 second.
    Again, this isn't very clear in my mind. I think that happened when I was livestreaming for some friends a few days ago.
    www.livestream.com/docmcbrown < will check out my recordings when I have time to, but if anyone has more time on their hands than me, then go on.