Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Yellow Reaver Thread

Basic Member
    I agree with OP for the most part. I'm not a big fan of the yellow color of the glow. The smaller glow radius however is alot better, as it defines the edges far better then the red-glow version. I would change the color more towards a fire-based colorpallet then just plain yellow or red, while being carefull not to make the background too bright and colorfull.

As for the actual reaver, I liked the red glowing parts of the first icon alot and I think this theme should be reincorporated into the new look aswell. The thing that was wrong with the old reaver was that the brightest part of the item (due to both the lighting and the red-orange glowing area) was the 'handle'-part of the axe instead of the actual blade/edge-part. This made it hard to recognise it was an axe at all.

tl.dr.:
    *newest background but with either red or red-orange colors instead of plain yellow
    *old reaver's glowing/lava areas theme should be added to the new reaver

Basic Member
    I like the original black and red reaver. All other +25 stat items are big and colored based on their respective stat. Reaver should be no exception. I'd like them to revert to the original design and just tweak it to the new artstyle.

Basic Member
    I want this ,everithing else look likes crap

The reason why this picture does not look like an Axe is because of the handle. It creates a depth illusion and causes people to mistake the handle for something else.

Solution: Just change the handle but keep the same icon and the same color palette of the original Reaver.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Nothing compared to the god-knows-wat Satanic monster icon...

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=33702

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 970 View Post
    Go with the very first one, before all this item update stuff.

+1

Banned
    Okay okay, I'll give feedback.... New one is better.

Basic Member
    The gold background is the same color as the gold highlight in quickbuy when you can afford it. Functionally inconvenient.

Basic Member
    the first one was better, mostly because of the background without flashy bright colors

Basic Member
    the old one was better.