Thread: Suggestion: Change Slippers of Agility to Daggers of Agility

Suggestion: Change Slippers of Agility to Daggers of Agility

Since Boots of Elvenskin are now a Vambrace of Dexterity, why not eliminate ANY possible confusion with footwear and change the two tiny green slippers into two tiny jade daggers.

The jade daggers could carry a similar silhouette and color scheme to the slippers, and in terms of absolute newbie experience, you could make it clear that all footwear = movement speed.

I know some people will resist this idea simply for tradition or readability in older hero guides. If that's your opinion, I'd like you to quote this line and elaborate a bit on your thoughts. Is tradition or absolute backwards compatibility valuable, especially when Valve has already changed one item from boots to vambrace?

Banned
    It's a Shinguard of Agility, get it right

Basic Member
    Sounds like a good idea.

Difference was that they were named Boots of elvenskin. All other items with the word "boots" in them had movementspeed bonus, slippers dosn't.

Is that a distinction that new players will easily make? Even if it were, slippers are visually similar to boots. Changing them would still help, don't you think?

Better, it might help and I don't think it would hurt any more than the changes already made.

first tier(+3 attributes) is armor
    second tier(+6 attributes) is armor
    third tier(+10 attributes) is weapon

Yes. I think you are referring to 'Boots' of Elvenskin, not the slippers. See how the boots, slippers etc compare visual against each other here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=33702

As I pointed somewhere else, either change the name or change the look.
    COMMUNITY REGULATED MUTE SYSTEM (CRMS) A Simple Idea with Massive Results
    UNOFFICIAL DASHBOARD POLL Dashboard - OLD vs NEW
    DOTA2 Items ICON SET Design Comparison CHART - Icon Cheat Sheet
    POLL: HEALTH BAR at TOP BAR? - Add health bar to top bar Valve!
    True Sight Indicator like dota1 - What happened to the true sight symbol?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Konung View Post
    Difference was that they were named Boots of elvenskin. All other items with the word "boots" in them had movementspeed bonus, slippers dosn't.
    I believe it is not necessary for all boots to do with movement speed bonuses. Yet somehow, movement speed and agility do mix and often occur hand in hand. E.g. More agility gives you faster reaction and speed (in the real world)

From my chart, you can see under the category ARMWEAR, you have items like Gauntlet & Bracer that give strength, Gloves of Haste & Midas for attack speed, Armlet for regen.

It's a little like saying for HEADDRESS, all masks should give lifesteal. Which isn't the case since we have Sage Mask for mana for example...

It is up to Icefrog and Valve to create unique items they deem fit.
    COMMUNITY REGULATED MUTE SYSTEM (CRMS) A Simple Idea with Massive Results
    UNOFFICIAL DASHBOARD POLL Dashboard - OLD vs NEW
    DOTA2 Items ICON SET Design Comparison CHART - Icon Cheat Sheet
    POLL: HEALTH BAR at TOP BAR? - Add health bar to top bar Valve!
    True Sight Indicator like dota1 - What happened to the true sight symbol?!?

I'm well aware of the difference. I even mentioned the changed "boots" while also suggesting that they change the slippers. :P