Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Blink Dagger

  1. #31
    Basic Member wesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    The current Dagger is good. If you say that those particles are pointless, so what do you have to say about the "smoky" background of the first one? At least, the current ones is showing the particle effect of when you blink. It's not overly done, it's simple and concise.

    And I'm not saying that just because I'm the one who suggested the visuals of the current dagger, I'm just saying that because that's what I always thought, thus, resulting me to suggest it. :P

  2. #32
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by okrane View Post
    You ruined it.



    We don't need shiny sparkles around the item. It was good before, simple, clear, precise, and well defined.
    Right now it's fairy pony dagger of glitterness...

    When it comes to art less is more in my opinion.
    Speak for yourself.

    I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    Speak for yourself.

    I like it.
    Never heard of you in DotA in Major Leagues or something like that, gosu gamers, dgl, eal etc. So you might be a newbie in this awful dota2 fail, that's why you like it =)

  4. #34
    Basic Member wesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintar Malefious View Post
    Never heard of you in DotA in Major Leagues or something like that, gosu gamers, dgl, eal etc. So you might be a newbie in this awful dota2 fail, that's why you like it =)
    This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen in this feedback website. In case you didn't know, competitive players care jackshit about icon designs. Your argument is invalid.

    People will like or hate something despite their skill or popularity. People who are complaining about the new Dagger icon are probably the same who complained about the icons altogether when they first saw Dota 2. Why? Because it takes time to adapt to things, in most cases players were just being skeptical.

    I personally love the new Dagger icon, it's concise, it illustrates well what it does (pretty particle effects after we blink, duh). Right now it's just perfect in my opinion. They already changed the icons in the first place because people were disliking them, so why should they revert it at all? They obviously cannot please everyone. Reverting this icon, that will case new people to open threads to complain and say why this icon is infinitely better, and why Valve screwed badly when they reverted to the old icon.

    Rinse and repeat.

  5. #35
    New one.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by wesai View Post
    This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen in this feedback website. In case you didn't know, competitive players care jackshit about icon designs. Your argument is invalid.

    People will like or hate something despite their skill or popularity. People who are complaining about the new Dagger icon are probably the same who complained about the icons altogether when they first saw Dota 2. Why? Because it takes time to adapt to things, in most cases players were just being skeptical.

    I personally love the new Dagger icon, it's concise, it illustrates well what it does (pretty particle effects after we blink, duh). Right now it's just perfect in my opinion. They already changed the icons in the first place because people were disliking them, so why should they revert it at all? They obviously cannot please everyone. Reverting this icon, that will case new people to open threads to complain and say why this icon is infinitely better, and why Valve screwed badly when they reverted to the old icon.

    Rinse and repeat.
    That's the mentality that ruins all "Because it takes time to adapt to things" . No dude, it takes time to resign to things, remeber that.

  7. #37
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    You are ignorant idiot. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean EVERYONE (that means every person, pro player or not) doesn't like it as well. Also 5 posts vs 648 posts, yea I am totaly new to DOTA2.

    I can't like something because I am not a pro player...lol
    Last edited by TheWilder; 06-19-2012 at 04:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

  8. #38
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9
    I think the icon is fine. It doesn't need to be flashier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •