Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Already a Courier warning

Basic Member

Already a Courier warning

Sometimes a support will buy a courier as per default task, only to realize someone else has already bought a courier. You only have 10 seconds to take it back. (Same goes for a flying courier!)

Suggestion: A little warning will pop up, saying there is already a courier, you must click again to purchase the courier.

Basic Member
    Not terrible... to expand upon this, it would be nice if, I notice I bought a second courier and placed it in base that I could still right click and sell it even though it was already out of my inventory. You can always sell it back, but once you "use" it, there's no turning back. At least make it so the person that purchased the courier can still sell it regardless of used or not, while still retaining the 10s "all money back" timer.

Basic Member
    I think that the restock time for the courier should just be longer. Make it like 60 seconds, that would solve the issue (and yea I have seen it happen more than it should) in the simplest way.

Basic Member
    Bump because I think this is pretty necessary and extremely easy to add. Hopefully a dev will see this. I could code this in 5-10 minutes if I had access to the code lol.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlan View Post
    I could code this in 5-10 minutes if I had access to the code lol.
    5-10 minutes for changing cooldown to 60s? oh you

Quote Originally Posted by bill4364 View Post
    I think that the restock time for the courier should just be longer. Make it like 60 seconds, that would solve the issue (and yea I have seen it happen more than it should) in the simplest way.
    No. Some teams like Fnatic run bottle crow strats. They need two couriers.

Plus, there already exists a short cd for buying a courier when someone bought one.

Basic Member
    So the extremely rare team that runs a bottle crow strategy can just click to buy it again even when it warns you.

"WARNING: A COURIER ALREADY EXISTS"

-> cool. *buys courier anyway*

i dont see the problem here

Basic Member
    Came here to post this. All the suggestions are fine imo, but something needs to be done about it.
    Another possibility is to highlight the courier in the shop when no courier has been bought yet (or highlight it when it has)

There already is that feature. It's called item stock replenishment cooldown. And in the bottom right, the message 'NO COURIER' is replaced with a courier icon(after the courier item is used, that is). There is no excuse for not selling the courier item if you don't want it. I have accidentally purchased a courier mid-game because I wasn't able to click Dust of Appearance, did I just sell the courier item immediately? Yes, I did. And then I bought the item I meant to.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 04-19-2013 at 04:43 AM.

way too many of my games end up with 2 couriers