Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Put item into stash option

Put item into stash option

Have a look at this suggestion:
    I propose items to have an additional option to put them into the stash. It will look like this and is very easy to use.

stash.jpg

Thoughts?

Basic Member
    and reasons behind some1 wanting to place his item in his stash instead of carrying it on himself thus getting stats boots?

Quote Originally Posted by 4evra View Post
    and reasons behind some1 wanting to place his item in his stash instead of carrying it on himself thus getting stats boots?
    If you need to buy something from the secret shop, but you don't have a slot free and you don't want to sell an item.

Also, reasons behind not wanting this simple function implemented?

If you lay items on the ground you don't see what you bought already. However, if it's in your stash you can easyly see whats in. Besides it will only work if you re in the fountain area imo. If not, it might lead to balance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    If not, it might lead to balance problems.
    Of course, but it's definitely a good idea. Usually I've had to buy Town Portal Scrolls or Potions just to open the stash

Another option could be the possibility to access the stash at all times through some window popup toggle button, even if it's empty.
    “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”
    ― Carl Jung

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    If you need to buy something from the secret shop, but you don't have a slot free and you don't want to sell an item.

Also, reasons behind not wanting this simple function implemented?
    Well,u can't put an items to fountain stash from secret shop.So u would have to drop it near the fountain,and then go to ancient and buy item u want.

And thats already done with simple "ground drop" of items.
    Now,dota is not some strategy game,where u get 10k resources in instant.U just can't have more than 2 of items laying around in stash or ground.Only thing when that happens is in uber late game,when u farmed,then u are dropping lesser items and going for better ones.
    And still,in that case,u need to sell those items,since u wont use them anymore,and not put them in stash temporaly.

If u don't need an item any more,u'r gonna sell it.Not hold it in stash.
    Ground drop/stash drop is only usefull when u are making some hard receipe that needs time and item slots.
    Also, there is never a situation of u dropping a 3,4,5 items,so i can't see a situation where u can't remember what you have dropped.
    Its either a (un)completed bracer,a chop axe or some teleport.Magic stick sometimes.

Situation with asking for this feature is not like "we need this,so we are able to do this"
    but instead,its like "we already have a method of doing temporaly item drop,but there is another way of doing it,so we want that another method too"

I want this feature to have more control over my stash. Besides if my item is on the ground like stick e.g. and I buy Wand instantly- a second wand will be bought which wouldnt happen if it had been in the stash before, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    I want this feature to have more control over my stash. Besides if my item is on the ground like stick e.g. and I buy Wand instantly- a second wand will be bought which wouldnt happen if it had been in the stash before, right?
    This is correct. Any item owned by you not on your person, in your stash, or on the courier will not be considered when purchasing item upgrades. So, in your example, you would have a completed Magic Wand in your inventory and the Magic Stick you initially purchased still on the ground.
    “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”
    ― Carl Jung

Situation with asking for this feature is not like "we need this,so we are able to do this"
    but instead,its like "we already have a method of doing temporaly item drop,but there is another way of doing it,so we want that another method too"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethrin View Post
    This is correct. Any item owned by you not on your person, in your stash, or on the courier will not be considered when purchasing item upgrades. So, in your example, you would have a completed Magic Wand in your inventory and the Magic Stick you initially purchased still on the ground.
    Thats the main reason why I want to have it and turns 4evra arguments invalid. Similar situations like that happen alot. Since you put down one item to have slot for tp.
    He didnt consider this fact. I mean the courier has a put to stash function why can't I put them there myself? In Dota1 I had free access at my circle of power at least.

+1