Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Gaining base str from level doesn't increase current hp

[Confirmed] Gaining base str from level doesn't increase current hp

When you gain base STR (not the green STR bonus from item or Attribute bonus, but white base STR), your current HP doesn't increase by 19, only your max HP. (for those who don't know, every point of STR increases your hp by 19)

E: SAME GOES FOR INT. No 13 mana per INT point.

I'll take pictures to show what i mean. I've tested it with Ench, because her STR gain per level is 1.

As you can see in this pic, her HP was at 1/454.

As she leveled up, her HP changed to 20/473. Her max and current HP, both increased by 19.

Now to Dota2.

Her HP was at 2/454 on this pic (i didn't brought it down to one, because it was too risky. Heartstopper aura would have killed her >.<)

However, as she leveled up, it changed to 4/473. As you can see, her max HP increased by 19 as it should. But her current HP didn't change(it increased by 2, but that comes from her natural HP regen.)

The small HP boost you get from leveling up can save you in some situation, and it happens quiet often.

BUG: Base STR doesn't increase your current HP.

E: Tested the same with INT, and it has the same bug (doesn't increases current mana by 13).
    Last edited by bu3ny; 07-08-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Fixed some embarrassing typoes
    Please, just call me buny.

Nice find!

I sometimes skilled stats to survive a hit longer in danger. It was useless -_-
    +1 Fix it pls!

Added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Just to clarify, I am pretty sure he means it keeps the same % value instead of giving the flat 19*str increase.

Basic Member
    Doesn't look like that
    before she had her hp was <<<<<<<<1%
    after it she had 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    Just to clarify, I am pretty sure he means it keeps the same % value instead of giving the flat 19*str increase.
    Tested and yea, it keeps the percentage value

@above: 2 from 454 are 0.44%. 0.44% from 473 are 2.08, so you can't tell if it keeps it percentage wise or not, because the numbers are too low.. Also 5% of 473 would be 23 hp.

Basic Member
    Interesting find. I assume that the Str increase from Bonus Stat still gives 38HP to your character? Or it does not work that way either?

^No, only the base str increases max and current hp. Other bonis only increase max hp and keep the % of current hp. Attribute bonus doesn't increase base stats.

E: gonna test if it behaves the same with int and mana.

E2: Tested it, and base int has the same bug. Gaining base int doesn't increase the current mana by 13/int, only the max int. But it should increase both by 13/int.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 05-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Nice find! ^.^

for me mor than a low priority bug. Well done.