Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What the item icons should look like [EVERYTHING REWORKED]

Guinso looks really badass as well as your demon edge version you unfortunatly didnt post here.
    Post them in a seperate thread imo.

Hire this guy already Valve.
    Really really nice reworks.

I like every single one of your suggestions.
    One little thing is that Vanguard looks a bit blurry though.

There's a reason why urn's clouds have a green color, it's a color of the healing spouts in game.

Basic Member
    Dagger, Headdres, MKB, Reaver & Scythe T-Up
    Some others are going in the right direction, keep it up good work imo!
    But Things like MoM & active isnt necessary, because the item just gives you a buff and is on CD then not like MoM or Radiance.

Basic Member
    I like it, makes all the items look grittier instead of kiddy like.

Basic Member
    Good edits. I'd say most of them are better.

Basic Member
    Can you say what are you disagree with? We may improve them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rasielll View Post
    Can you say what are you disagree with? We may improve them.
    Ok:
    Monkey King Bar; I don't like that your changes have softened the edges of it. I think the current version looks more clearly defined and easier to see.
    Similarly with Pipe of Insight - the current one seems to have slightly shaper edges, and I prefer that.
    I don't think Soul Ring needs the extra smoke. The smoke looks good, but it obfuscates the ring a little bit. I prefer the small amount of smoke in the current version.
    Rod of Atos, (which is unlabelled in your list), I don't like that the background has been made noisier.
    Heaven's Halberd has a noisier background in your version... but maybe it's ok in this case. I'm somewhat undecided. In general, I don't like changes which make the background more prominent.
    Satanic seems to have changed from one weird looking thing to another; and given a choice of those two weird looking things I'd take the current one because it's somewhat distinctive.
    Flying courier is labelled as "unchanged", but I it apparently has some green stuff on it which I don't think is a good change.

Finally, you haven't changed Mjollnir, but I reckon it would be better if it was easier to see the hammer. The current one just looks like a white blob to me.

These things that I've listed are generally just minor. If I had to choose between having all of the current icons or all of your icons, then I'd choose your ones. But if I got to mix and match my choice of icons, I'd choose the original icons that I've listed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoJa View Post
    There's a reason why urn's clouds have a green color, it's a color of the healing spouts in game.
    Agreed. Base my observation and my icon comparison chart, healing is green while purple is more for stealth and invisibility.

Banned
    Tango's, Tp's, Mask of Madness and the Urne + The Magic STICK are fucking awesomness. and i like the new satanic more than that fucking fish or whatever it should be.
    thumps up +1.
    Push.