Thread: Mouse acceleration / Mouse speed

Basic Member

Mouse acceleration / Mouse speed

It will be great to set mouse speed, i didn't found it in settings.

well, currently it uses your windows speed settings. i've seen that the "sensitivity" command is included in the console but still doesnt affect the game, so i expect they will be adding this later. meanwhile you could adjust your mousespeed directly in windows, or if you have a gamer mouse just create a proper Dota 2 profile with another DPI/CPI setting for example.

Basic Member
    Or alternatively you can turn it completely off in the game launch options.

Right click game in steam list, Set launch options. -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd. (One of these is out-dated and unsupported I think but yeah that's how you turn it off.)

Other useful launch options: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...d_Line_Options

(I personally use -novid -console & for maccel I have mousefix for windows xp.)

If you want a defined number for the sensitivity of the mouse, open console and type "sensitivity".

Hope this helps.

Basic Member
    console "sensitivity"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBug View Post
    console "sensitivity"
    Doesnot work..
    I just bought mouse with 6000DPI and i set windows mouse sensitivity to 1.
    It's little bit slow, i wish i could make it 1.2~1.4 sensitivity, but windows only can 1,2,3...20.
    So i have to set me mouse DPI lower then maximum...

you should set windows setting to default 6(it makes the control the most accurate ) and just lower DPI in your mouse with the appropriate driver software which you download from their website.

since you are using 1 and still have issues, my guess would be that you need around 1500 DPI to feel comfortable, but feel free to test around to see which best suits you.

also sir, theres nothing wrong with lowering your DPI lower than maxium, thats the reason it exists, dpi is dots per inch, that means for every inch moved it will move 6000 pixels on the screen, lowering to that to say 2000, wont lower accuracy or anything, it simply makes it so that every 1 inch moved with the mouse moves the cursor 2000 pixels on the screens. its theres purely to adjust sensitivity,so please dont fall for this HIGHER DPI IS BETTER bullshit that hardware companies are trying to do to, its simply a matter of preference and most people dont need over 2000.
    Last edited by MrX; 12-05-2012 at 02:55 AM.