Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] A HUD option that is really a HUD

[SUGGESTION] A HUD option that is really a HUD

HUD (Heads Up Display) should prevent you from having to look at the bottom of the screen. I'd love to see an OPTION for having your health/mana/cds/gold/etc in transparency in the center of your screen. Again, not everyone will like this so I don't expect to force it on people, but I think it could be a nice option to have for those that don't want to keep looking down.

EDIT: Mockup by tikshow below:

Last edited by slowreflex; 05-09-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

O_O. Next you'll want the minimap layed over with 10 % opacity in the middle of the screen.

It really isn't that hard to see the whole screen at the same time. Also, most of the time you are already looking down on the screen at an angle. Playing with a setup where you look up or straight is downright hard I would imagine.

Basic Member
    Actually, I agree with slowreflex. For example, I play without paying attention to the health bar at the bottom of screen. I watch only the bar above my hero (and the number above this bar). So I would like to see an option to show more information in the center of screen.

Oh well I don't have anything against it if people would find it useful but I seriously don't think redundant display of information is going to help people become better at the game. And the most crucial piece of information, the minimap, is at a corner and at the bottom.

Also, a larger pic would perhaps better illustrate the point?

Basic Member
    I agree. Modding UI in almost every game is a welcome addition if the developer has time to do so.

Basic Member
    I'd agree if it was optional.

I think it would block your vision and interfere with clicking. Maybe it sounds good atm but if you try it in game i think you would quickly remove it

Quote Originally Posted by Panter_d17 View Post
    I think it would block your vision and interfere with clicking. Maybe it sounds good atm but if you try it in game i think you would quickly remove it
    That's why the key is to make it highly transparent. I'm talking about a very very light overlay. Much lighter than that screenshot.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken.infinity View Post
    Also, most of the time you are already looking down on the screen at an angle. Playing with a setup where you look up or straight is downright hard I would imagine.
    Wow, that can't feel comfortable. Why would you not have your screen at eye level?

+1 Support!