Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Spirit Breaker ulti'ed into enemy fountain

Basic Member

Wink [Confirmed] Spirit Breaker ulti'ed into enemy fountain

Hi,

Not sure if it is a bug or by design. Moreso I think a bug!

I (Spirit Breaker) ulti'ed Krob as she was TP'ing back to base. As I set my ulti off, krob just tp'ed away. SB still continued the ulti to where krob has tp'ed from. But when SB's ulti almost finished before the bash, he was TP'ed also into enemy fountain and completed the kill on Krob and then died due to fountain damage.

Match ID 15160801 at precisely 42:02 minutes in. Spirit Breaker goes for krob at top lane when what I thought was a bug appeared.

add:
    Quote Originally Posted by GGreen View Post
    Summary:
    SB uses ultimate on Mortred. When he casted utimate, but not finished it Mortred dies and instant buyback. SB teleporting to foutain and die.

Repro:
    1) Pick Spirit Breaker and another hero in another team.
    2) Another player should get gold for buyback (farm etc).
    3) Level up SB at least to lvl 6.
    4) Make another hero died and use SB's ulti at the really last moment before death on another hero, then instant buyback.

Result:
    Spirit Breaker will teleport to the enemy's fountain.

Expected:
    He shall not.

dota2://matchid=59995358&matchtime=1265
    soz for my reaction, was really lold when that happend
    Last edited by blash365; 11-09-2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: added an additional instance of the bug

i think that was possible in dota 1 too?

AFAIK in D1, there was a limit on how far Nether Strike could travel. In D2, it's unlimited.

Basic Member
    Doesn't make sense (why should it work that way?). I dont remember it happening in Dota 1. Defeats the purpose as an escape mechanism.

Basic Member
    This is not a bug, it common sense. If you ulti with SB you animation moves towards her. As she TP into the base your animation moves at the target whom now is in the base. Yes, possible in DotA aswell.

Basic Member
    Well in anyway, wether it be possible or not, the ulti has a movement speed (no?). It was almost instant from when she tp'ed to when I also ended up at the fountain. A bug of some sort.

Basic Member
    its is possible happened to me many times in D1 u can try it with a friend in D1.

Basic Member
    Well, it makes sense. "Spirit Breaker slips into the nether realm, reappearing next to his hapless victim. Upon reappearing, a Greater Bash occurs and deals bonus damage." I'm guessing the "Nether Realm" does extend up to the enemy fountain, so I don't see why Spirit Breaker teleporting to the enemy fountain is a "bug". It's not like the fountain has some kind of magical barrier that prevents enemies from teleporting in or casting spells into the fountain. What I'm saying is that this might be annoying for the person playing Spirit Breaker but it makes sense.

Basic Member
    as far as i know there isn't an instant teleport ability in the game (aside from the x marks the spot)(and apparently disruptor's glimpe and weaver's time lapse). so it's really on the SB player to not be terrible.

also, if valve is keeping the chen+pudge combo (port->hook->enemy dragged across map to well) they'll likely leave this in also.
    Last edited by complaint; 05-09-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: details brought to my attention

Since the behavior is inherited from D1 i would say it is not a bug.
    As for the SB Ulti it is not distance bound..
    According to Playdota:
    Nether Strike
    Moves you next to your target doing extra damage. Performs a greater bash hit. Casting range improves per level.
    Notes
    • Damage type: magical
    • Barathrum will move to the other side of the target seen from the point he cast it.
    • Performs a Greater Bash of your current level upon arrival (no bash will happen if you didn't skill it).
    • Teleportation and damage is delayed 1 second while Barathrum is fading out, Barathrum is magic immune for this time period.
    • Can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter (* shows the improved values).
    • With Aghanim's Scepter, performs a Greater Bash level 4 on all units in a 250 AoE of Spiritbreaker upon arrival.

As you can see that there is a 1 sec delay in teleport so if sb casted the ulti and the enemy teleport to the fountain in that 1 sec "teleport delay" of sb's ulti sb will be teleported to their fountain.

As you can see the same behavior happens when u cast ulti and the enemy like qop,am blink away and you are teleported to their location. ^^