Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Linken's Sphere and no-targeting/ground targeting Skills.

Basic Member
    I really liked the fact that in DotA 1 it created a need of awareness and added the aspect of skill when targeting linken's heroes with spells like fissure and burrowstrike. I thought it was a really neat concept that you could target the ground to get around the linken's.

Also like previously stated by aKaHideinlight the dual nature of these spells creates a sense of technical plays, where you can choose to pop the linkens so an ally can come in with another spell (finger/laguna blade for instance) or bypass it for a stun so team mates can catch up/come in.

It added depth to the game. DotA already has so many small details and intricacies, and these are what make the game so great and complex. I don’t understand why depth should be removed, unless this is a change to have it used more in the competitive scene. However, even if that is the case I don’t like the change because I appreciated it better before, it required more awareness and added another element of skill. (I.E clicking on a hero guarantees it will land, clicking the ground is not a guarantee, hence skill required)

EDIT: Also linken's blocking a Mirana arrow is kind of bullshit IMO, I never play her because I am pretty bad with her (for now I am practicing to get good :P), but when you make a nice arrow Linken's should not block it. Hitting arrows takes a lot of skill especially from afar, and as such should be rewarded.
    Last edited by nicoman; 06-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Basic Member
    i think linken should trigger while being targeted, i.e. when i actually burrowstrike a hero, but it shouldn't trigger when i do, for example, a burrowstrike on the ground.

Banned
    I just found t ouabout this since I started to play nyx recently. Linkens is very inconsistant at the moment then. Why doesn't it block sven's stun when it's not the primary target?

Anyways why not impale a non-targtable spell?

Quote Originally Posted by knowitall View Post
    It should not block non-targeted Fissures/Impales/Burrowstrikes. That's just silly. These skills already require you to place them correctly (in the case of non-targeting).
    This. Unneeded buff. It makes no sense. These are ground targetted aoe spells....

Basic Member
    It's a VERY NEEDED buff. Even still, Linken is inferior to BKB in nine cases out of ten, it is only being picked up against things like Beastmaster's ulti. Nerfing Linken would put it back on level with Rod of Atos - can't remember the last time I saw that item in serious a game.
    Last edited by Acanthus; 08-19-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acanthus View Post
    It's a VERY NEEDED buff. Even still, Linken is inferior to BKB in nine cases out of ten, it is only being picked up against things like Beastmaster's ulti. Nerfing Linken would put it back on level with Rod of Atos - can't remember the last time I saw that item in serious a game.
    yep... i cant believe how i see some people go linkens against a 5 man magic damage team instead of a bkb which is cheaper also..... it really drives me nuts.

what others have been already saying.... if you arent targeted by an aoe stun, linkens should not block it. A good example would be sven, if a linkens hero gets caught in a stun targeted at another hero, he should be stunned. Same with alch.

I agree, I think if Linkens deserves a buff it should be in some other aspect. Making the already inaccurate tooltip even more inaccurate isn't a good solution IMO

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFrog View Post
    This is an intended change with regards to impale/burrowstrike/etc. Feel free to discuss
    If that's the case then at least maybe increase the price for linkens?
    because i feel that its a bit too accessible. and now with it being able to block a lot more things there has to be some kind of cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyro View Post
    If that's the case then at least maybe increase the price for linkens?
    because i feel that its a bit too accessible. and now with it being able to block a lot more things there has to be some kind of cost.
    Linkens already costs 5175 gold. It's a VERY expensive niche item for some heros.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.