Thread: The background of the items.

Basic Member

The background of the items.

In general the icons picture are not bad but I think they will gain a lot with better backgrounds cause some are simple gradiants (if this is the correct word) I mean a simple transition from one color to other. For example: Dagon, Lothar, Magic Wand, Perseverance, Satanic and a lot more... there are also other items with a sad black background and others where there is more background than item picture for example magic wand, magic stick, dagon, circlet, yasha, S&Y you should make this items bigger, depicting for example only a part of the item.

On the other hand you have cool backgrounds on other items. Ethereal Blade, Crystalys, Manta, Butterfly..

I like to think this is cause you have other priorities and the game is still beta but you really need to improve those simple backgrounds that is the different between a good icon and and awesome one, and it is easier than create a new pick for the item.

Just simple ideas and my opinion, always trying to help.

Basic Member
    In most times, background somehow reflects the cost and value of the item. For example: Circlet has very simple background, and S&Y got epic glowing electiric background.

Basic Member
    well that is almost true but Satanic values 6150 and has a simple gradiant background (I neither like the picture) Battle Fury 4350 almost plain black, Mystic Staff 2700 and all black like circlet, Abyssal Blade, etc..

I think they should make simply good looking icons, everybody knows the value of the item or if the item is for agility, intelligence... an item may look well with plain black background. But please don't impose unnecessary limitations to the art.